AFC cup 2012

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    its good that you understood. I was expecting you to understand. Look there are certainly some technical faults but the allegations thato some members threw have emotionally hurt me@usaindia
    My main thing is if Eb understand there is money to be made by making afc cup semis and league profile will go up
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    imsourav wrote:
    @arsenalfan you still didn't understan or don't want to understand. As I mentioned, results are different things altogether. But if you think east bengal is conceding goals purposefully to concentrate on cfl then you stay happy imagining that

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">"Facepalm"</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I said it is a lie that they focus on CFL. I never said the intentionally let in goals. I am just questioning there record and I think I have a right to question it. There is no reason why a club like East Bengal Football Club should be </font><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">0-3-14</b><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> in the last 3 years in the AFC Cup. Absolutely no reason for that. That is what I am questioning now. How can East Bengal not put together 1 win in the last 3 years while the other Indian clubs with East Bengal in the AFC Cup have a combined 5-3-7 record with 18 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In the last 3 years we have seen 4 different clubs in the AFC Cup. Dempo (1), Churchill Brothers (1), Salgaocar (1), East Bengal (3). The difference in record between the first 3 and Bengal is close but still outstanding when in table...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) Churchill Brothers</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Dempo</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Salgaocar</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) East Bengal</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I am not trying to make stupid suspicions about East Bengal, I am stating facts here and they just baffle me.</font></div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    look I'm not running away from facts. As I said earlier, there are technical faults in our team which we need to focus but we never take afc cup lightly that's also another fact. You believe it or not. @arsenalfan
  • imsourav wrote:
    look I'm not running away from facts. As I said earlier, there are technical faults in our team which we need to focus but we never take afc cup lightly that's also another fact. You believe it or not. @arsenalfan

<br><div><br></div><div>Okay but come on. Something is wrong here. East Bengal should have at least 1 win. I am not asking them to move onto the group stage or win the damn cup but get 1 win. They were yet again blown out. You as the fan should be outraged. Like you said, East Bengal have done so many great things in the past, where is that now! They are not living up to expectations. Every AFC Cup season past 3 years East Bengal were better than the other Indian club with them but that other club did better. Obviously it is not technical or skill... it is mentally. Something is wrong mentally when the players play in the AFC Cup.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I will just remind one thing here. In 2010, when East Bengal were really bad in AFC (0-6 kinds of scoreline), one of the officials (probably Kalyan Majumdar) went on record to tell the media that "AFC Cup jeete ki hobe?" which means "what will they gain by winning AFC Cup". This was after a match in Howrah Stadium most probably.<div><br></div><div>This had seriously infuriated me and was one of the hotly discussed statement on IFF(Orkut). But that should be considered as a thing of the past. You have to watch the matches to believe how much effort the players have put in in the AFC Cup. Initially I hadn't watched them and was upset with the results. But after watching them, I think that that statement of Mr. Majumdar was an aberration.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In that case I hope that East Bengal dont play in the AFC Cup next season and play in the AFC Presidents Cup. Maybe 1 win is a possibility there.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Come on!!! They are currently 0-0-5!!! How can we all say that they are giving all there hearts for the game at the moment. I am sorry, you can bash me all you want and say how much I dont watch Indian football and all that fucking shit... trust me I already get lots of it... but this is a shit performance from East Bengal and we all know it, they are a much better club than this.</font></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    This change of mentality in eb has come thanks to TJM who knows the value of AFC CUP(Europa League).....
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    archak wrote:
    This change of mentality in eb has come thanks to TJM who knows the value of AFC CUP(Europa League).....
    </font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Maybe, but it is still mind boggling. I mean is there really that much a gap between the best in India and the best in say Yemen.</font></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    No difference in our players but their foriegners are stronger than our foriegners in my opinion which makes it harder for us to qualify..........
  • archak wrote:
    No difference in our players but their foriegners are stronger than our foriegners in my opinion which makes it harder for us to qualify..........

<br><div><br></div><div>So the difference is 4 players???</div>