Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited May 2014
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Wake up roh....ye pal kahe....
    he wants u to wake up early ...do some exercise...and think like him......
    Either that or he believes I am in a fantasy world which I guess is what he means. To that I say you guys should wake up. People said I should wake up when I said we should add franchises or some sort of direct entry and yet it happened and so far it is successful. People said I should wake up when it came to stadiums and now we will get a brand new Bangalore Football Stadium. People said I should wake up with foreigners and now we are being linked with guys like Smeltz as well as already signing guys like Johnson, Osano, and Hernandez.

The amount of times I have been told that and that I was delusional only to see these things happen is countless. Are there times when I am way off the mark... absolutley... but just because I am just some guy across the world does not mean that what I say can be 100% discounted as some sort of fantasy. These things are possible, otherwise why even bother following.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 Yes people should start to think big if they want to become successful in life. People should realize that not all is lost for Indian football. Maybe we Indians should ask Bengaluru FC management team what needs to be done to improve the standard of football in India.
    @rohan ;

i see narendra modi in you......u started talking like him...a lot of confidence and self-belief gud....keep it up....
    Agree. Bengaluru FC is one of those clubs that if you asked anyone on IFN back in 2011 if they would be here today then you would get smacked in the face for being delusional. Back then it was all about Pune FC and Pailan Arrows and the small upstart club known as United Sikkim who everyone, including me, thought would change and revolutionise football in India. At that point Dempo was still the club to beat with Armando Colaco still doing great things. Clubs like Air India, ONGC, and HAL were still spreading the plague through the I-League. Viva Kerala died to Chirag Computers. And players such as Muritala Ali and Henry Ezeh were still reletivly successful and common signings in the I-League. The only academies we had were the Tata Football Academy and SESA Football Academy and the small upstart Pune FC Academy. JCT disbanded after Mahindra United a couple years prior and the AIFF signed their life away to IMG-Reliance.

Now look at us... three years later in 2014. Now it is all about Bengaluru FC and their first year success. Signing players such as John Johnson and Curtis Osano who were both League Two regulars and Johnny Menyongar, a former Liberian international. Ashley Westwood, a former assistant manager for Blackburn Rovers was signed as their head coach and all of a sudden we saw regular 7,000 crowds at the Bangalore Football Stadium with Sunil Chhetri and Sean Rooney leading the way. We have also got rid of clubs like Air India and ONGC whom nobody really misses at all. Player comfort has improved as well and now youth development is being locked in as an important issue. Stadium maintence has slowly improved so that we don't see super long grass anymore. Sponsors are coming into the league finally and corporates are interested in the league.

Yes, there are also some bad developments like the India national team falling recently, the ISL pushing the I-League away from glamour, the Kolkata clubs still being stuck in the 19th century, and many other things but overall the trend is going up and again, if you told us this back in 2011 then you would be called crazy.

Well... it has happened and who knows what will happen now in the future. We should not be told to wake up, we should be told to dream... dream big... because it is possible, it has slowly started to happen and it can only get better from here.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    The vybk would look similar after the rennovation for fifa u17 wc