Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    As regular visitor to YBK, i would say there should be more security people during a match. Not only in the ground but also in stands
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9974 Points
    I think tackling 'hoolugan'ism is possible by more and effective policing in and around stadiums as well as by being tough by the authority. Simply identify the supporters and ban the club.

AIFF missed a golden chance to stamp their authority in December '12 Kolkata derby. Both the clubs should have been banned for a year or two (MB for hooliganism, EB for being lax on security). If they could do it, there wouldn't be rowdiness in Kolkata football -- and in Indian football by extension -- for a long time to come. Supporters would think twice before throwing even a plastic bottle (forget seats) into the field or before engaging into vandalism. But AIFF failed to be tough, making them look weak in public. Indian football will continue to suffer for their weakness.
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @Deb-Ban ; In India, law and order becomes State Subject, so it is upto Local Police. Collector, SP has the responsibility. Club's duty is only having the required permission from the Administration. So legally it is difficult to implicate Club in such cases. Till date nobody knows that who threw the stone which hit Nabi???
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9974 Points
    Responsibility for starting hooliganism may be attributed to a particular teams supporters, controlling/ curbing is police's business. AIFF are not to be out there meting out punishments to the individuals; that is, as you rightly said, the job of the state machinery. But supporters may be seated separately and identified (by CCTV footages) and the CLUB may be penalized.

This should act as a deterrent.

Even if the person hurting Nabi was identified, AIFF couldn't do anything to him. Kolkata Police should run after the supporter, if they could, to book him. But, if he was to be recorded to hit Nabi from a particular club's gallery, THAT club should have been slapped suspension.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Melbourne makes bold play for football's International Champions Cup

So... this leads to this suggestion: Why not have an "International Champions Cup" in India? For people who do not know what the International Champions Cup is, here. Basically, it is a competition, started in 2013, which takes place mainly in the United States between top, top world-class European teams. This year you had Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, AC Milan, AS Roma, Inter Milan, Olympiakos, and Real Madrid in the tournament. The year before we had Chelsea, Everton, Juventus, Valencia, and the LA Galaxy. All of these teams in a pre-season tournament in India!

So, why not do something like this in India? For a country that is about to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the Indian Super League, and perhaps a FIFA Club World Cup it is surprising that we do not have much action from European teams in India. It has been proven that European teams don't mind coming with Bayern Munich coming many times in recent years and also Blackburn Rovers.

I do not see why in the future, perhaps with IMG-Reliance, we could not have our own "Champions Cup". Imagine, a pre-season tournament in India which features Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Roma, and AC Milan. They all play games at the Salt Lake Stadium, Nehru Stadium (Delhi), Fatorda Stadium, DY Patil Stadium, a redone Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Nehru Stadium (Chennai), Indira Gandhi Stadium, and Balewadi Sports Complex.

It would help football gain a better footing in India and would perhaps also help improve infrastructure and money would be spent on making sure these world-class teams play on good conditions.

Worth a shot me thinks.
    Deb_Ban
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    I would like to see this structure in Indian Football from 2016

-=>ISL (Super League ) - 8 Currents ISL Teams + 8 New /I league teams 
    Clubs like KEB , MB can be sold 50 % to some one  like Kingfisher who is with club for long time  so that they will have some Funding Back up to match other ISL team .

teams like Sporting and Salgaocar can form one single franchise in Goa 

League Duration should be at least 6 months with winner playing in AFC competitions 

For at least 5 years there should be no relegation and only new teams can be added till 20 .

=>I league (1st div) - As There will be good money generated from ISL it should be spend in various level of Indian Football 

I league should be played in conference model with 4 zones i.e North , East ,west and south and with Final Knockout round home-away basis 

All ISL  team must field U-23 team  in it including foreigners if they have .Others clubs like who played in I league in past should be given chance to play in it and prize money should be atleast Rs 1 Crores so that others clubs take it seriously .

Every State League champions can play in it if they fulfill basic criteria.. and conference wise teams should be relegated and promoted .

=>State League (2nd Div) - If any state have own Good state league like Bengal then all ISL teams should field U-19 squad in it ...winner of state league qualifies for I League .

=> Federation Cup - It should be played Home and Away basis same like Mr Bann Suggested .

footydip
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    i  would say i-league as 2nd div

no eb mmb in isl not atall then therer will be no diffrence between i-league and isl

bunch of teams from same city
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    If you want ISL teams to work their way to glory... at least they would want 10 years to establish i feel and they wouldnt be ready for pro/rel format till that time... and also to increase the no of teams to 16 will take long perios... see the example of IPL who are yet to reach 10 team mark and then is the sad example of IHL where 2 teams have withdrew from the league....

Still we cant say ISL and teams would survive we shall need to play wait and watch game here
    goalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Pro/rel should be established but I doubt it will. If the owners are really in the long-term then it will be hard to convince them to do pro/rel as why would someone invest a lot of money but then risk having the investment backfire to get relegated to a lesser 2nd Division... and god forbid a major market team like Kolkata or Mumbai get relegated.

As for IPL and HIL... these are two sports which are barely even tested in the profession sports market. Who knows how many cricket teams there should be, for example? With football, we know the number is around 20-24 (or 30-32 in MLS's case).
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Also, I feel foreigners shouldn't be allowed in s second division. Alot of weak teams, power their way through with one strong Nigerian striker. And then struggle in the I league.