Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    I see more headache for new coach, he will have to choose players who will play in two different leagues under different coaches, different roles and even different position. While some of the players will be in action for just 5 months.

If any talented coach is in planning to come, he better stay away from this circus and coach somewhere else.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The duo of Ashley Westwood and his assistant Pradyum Reddy should be roped in. There is no need to be fancy right now. We do not have the players to serve fancy coaches rightly. These guys have done well with the Indian players, they should be given a go
    munna219777gaffertape
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Would Westwood and Reddy like to take on the added pressure that comes with the national team... people will expect a lot from them.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    What will happen to Bangalore Football Club if Westwood and Reddy come to National setup?? They got a pretty much secured job there at Bangalore. why will they come?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Camps are already held in Bangalore , so no travel for them  ;))

The trouble of watching Indian players shouldn't really be an issue, with all ISL games being televised , and as the Club already have access to a professional analyst , they could make use of certain scouting databases to watch all I-League games.

The issue is when would there be a window to get Indian players together for camps and how much investment would AIFF give in short term , and with FIFA World Cup qualifiers around the corner..it would be a very tough task to get results in time..

footydipnamewtheldmunna219777
    Armando Colaco is throwing his name in the hat , as he fears non-payment in Kolkata from East Bengal..so he would be the favourites amongst Indian candidates.

He could be a stop gap until 2015, post qualifiers.

Does anyone have the list of FIFA dates from now until WC Qualifiers ?
    would be good to overlay it with I-League / ISL and see what little windows are there  
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    We have 2 windows.. One in November and one in march..
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Does not matter IMO. We only need India to do well enough at international level to not completely mess up our FIFA ranking and thus make World Cup/Asian Cup qualifying harder.
    @namewtheld should do an article on IFN shortlist of candidates  :)>-
    Deb_Ban
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Certainly if I have the names with me. I could also use the article as a sales pitch for Indian coaches, preferably Westwood & Co.