Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    are you sure about Rhodes he scored 3 goals for Scotland senior NT in 11 appearance ...plus in u20 he seems to be best.... BTW wat my point is that we have to make 2nd div feasible so that known foreigners should play from saff nation so that we can keep tab on them and how other nation is progressing plus i-league youngsters who could be loaned to 2nd div club ..for eg uttam rai he is not getting play time in dempo
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Oh, I meant that Rhodes has never played in the Scottish leagues, not that he never played for Scotland. Sorry about that. :)

I can see where you are coming from and that is a major pro but on the other hand, you can probably do that without a true 2nd Division. First off, in the state leagues, you can have the I-League/ISL teams create "B" teams where they can play their reserve players in a competitive environment with proper rules. You can also do what they do in Australia and at the end of the season for every state league have the top teams or two from each state league play in a "national tournament" of sort to determine the state league national winners. (Award for getting to this stage can be entering the domestic cup at a more higher round).
    bida 25
    and to start with that EB and MB should not make their foreigners play in CFL same goes for goa league ...we see clubs like dempo and others are sending their first team players in state league.... bfc is doing right in state league by giving chance to fringe players .....no idea about north east clubs...
    Goa is definitely a good model but I still feel there is more improving that can happen there.
    when sunil chhetri made debut for Churchill bros he scored twice in debut against dempo in goa pro league ...isn't it true?
    Yes... he did score twice for them in his first game back in the GPL.
    21-Feb-2013 19:35:00
    The on-loan striker from Sporting Clube de Portugal 'B'
    side played his first match for the Red Machines in the
    Goa League...
    Sunil Chhetri made his debut with Churchill Brothers SC
    after scoring a goals in each half to help his new side
    register a 2-0 victory over Dempo SC in a Goa League
    match in Raia, Goa, on Thursday.
    The 28-year-old scored his first goal in the 42nd minut
    after he guided the ball beautifully from just outside the
    box and into the bottom corner.
    The Indian national team captain then got his second o
    the match in the 56th minute, after Bineesh Balan was
    brought down inside the penalty box. Chhetri calmly
    converting the resultant penalty.
    Former Pune FC centre-back Lamine Tamba too made
    his debut in the win which now takes Churchill Brothers
    tally to 19 points from 10 matches.
    Churchill Brothers meanwhile are set to travel to Hong
    Kong, to face Kitchee FC in the AFC Cup on 26 February
    2013, by the weekend.
    so @ashlesh
    didn't this contradict ur point?
    isn't sunil was first team players in Churchill?
    Yep and that is perfectly okay. Reserve teams should be allowed to field seniors for injury reasons or what not. Like when Abou Diaby played for the Arsenal U21s last season.