EK Nayanar Memorial Gold Cup

Comments

• Mammootty kick starts Football ticket sales

Legendary actor Mammootty inaugurated the ticket sales of the fourth EK Nayanar Memorial Gold Cup here in Calicut. Mammootty, a self confessed football said he is looking forward to the matches which will be held at the EMS Corporation Stadium from March 9.

The tournament which is usually held in Kannur is shifted to Calicut this year so as to be a part of 20th Communist Party Congress. I-League clubs Mumbai FC and Air India have confirmed their participation in the tournament along with the Kerala Football Association's (KFA) Kerala team and Kolkata's BN Railways. It is expected that popular teams Sporting Clube de Goa, Pailan Arrows, Chirag United Kerala and HAL Bangalore will also join the venture soon.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I am wondering. Could this be the start for Kerala Football. A new field renovated stadium in a place where the best fans in Kerala went and maybe a potential owner in Mammotty. Hoping he is interested. KERALA UNITED FC WILL HAPPEN... HOPEFULLY!
  • MidlajjMidlajj 134 Points
    no hope to be very honest. These stars are not at all intrested in Football. And about the tournament I guess it'l be the first time Gold Cup tournament going to be failure. management should have made the tournament impressive by assuring the participation of Kerala Clubs. no CUCK,Eagles,Golden Threads,Malabar United...
  • no hope to be very honest. These stars are not at all intrested in Football. And about the tournament I guess it'l be the first time Gold Cup tournament going to be failure. management should have made the tournament impressive by assuring the participation of Kerala Clubs. no CUCK,Eagles,Golden Threads,Malabar United...
    really, I mean it would have helped if there were more Kerala clubs, maybe a pre-cursor to a state league but the Kerala XI is alright. Still I hope that maybe Mammootty or someone else sees a packed or sorta packed crowd and finds out about the marketability
    of Kerala. Maybe when Eagles come to I-League in 2013 or 2014 they will move to the Municipal Stadium.
  • i don't want HAL though
  • i don't want HAL though
    what?
    no hope to be very honest. These stars are not at all intrested in Football. And about the tournament I guess it'l be the first time Gold Cup tournament going to be failure. management should have made the tournament impressive by assuring the participation of Kerala Clubs. no CUCK,Eagles,Golden Threads,Malabar United...
    really, I mean it would have helped if there were more Kerala clubs, maybe a pre-cursor to a state league but the Kerala XI is alright. Still I hope that maybe Mammootty or someone else sees a packed or sorta packed crowd and finds out about the marketability
    of Kerala. Maybe when Eagles come to I-League in 2013 or 2014 they will move to the Municipal Stadium.
    I hope they can bring atleast the local clubs , we are really hoping to watch these clubs in action. We rarely seen the likes of Eagles,Golden Threads,MU,Quartz in action! As we have no hope for a state league in near future, we hope these kind of tournaments can help us to watch them play.

I meant how we can expect a crowd to support local teams unless they play in local tournaments.
    Teams confirmed. Mumbai FC,Air India , BN Railway Kolkata , Kerala XI , Southern Samity , Indian Army , MEG Banglore, Shillong Lajong.

No local clubs, I'm not following it then. :/
    Kerala XI will face Air India tomorrow in the opening fixture.
  • Midlajj wrote:
    Teams confirmed. Mumbai FC,Air India , BN Railway Kolkata , Kerala XI , Southern Samity , Indian Army , MEG Banglore, Shillong Lajong.

No local clubs, I'm not following it then. :/

At least follow Kerala XI. Also dont worry. Maybe an MLS thing will happen in Kerala. Basically clubs in America like Orlando City, Toronto FC and even Seattle Sounders were founded because small soccer tournaments were held in those cities and because of the high crowds that showed when they played those tournaments investors took interest and started clubs in those areas.

Basically what I am saying is that if this tournament gets a good crowd, mainly Kerala XI get a good crowd, then maybe an investor may get interested. You never know.
  • BTW WHO THE FUC* ARE MEG BANGALORE, INDIAN ARMY, AND BN RAILWAY KOLKATA!

WHAT KIND OF TEAMS ARE THESE! SHOULD HAVE ALLOWED QUARTZ SC, EAGLES FC and GOLDEN THREADS PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT!