EK Nayanar Memorial Gold Cup

Comments

• MidlajjMidlajj 134 Points
    There will be crowd to watch Kerala XI , but for the rest of the matches, surely I cant see any one turning up for those fixtures. Who will come to watch the boring Mumbai FC, Southern Samity and the other unknown clubs. Even people dont come to watch the Air India, the tournament favourites.

And this Kerala XI is full of players from district leagues, many are unknown to me. Cant see them getting a great run. Anyways I hope this team can surprise us,thats the only way tounament can survive.
  • Midlajj wrote:
    There will be crowd to watch Kerala XI , but for the rest of the matches, surely I cant see any one turning up for those fixtures. Who will come to watch the boring Mumbai FC, Southern Samity and the other unknown clubs. Even people dont come to watch the Air India, the tournament favourites.

And this Kerala XI is full of players from district leagues, many are unknown to me. Cant see them getting a great run. Anyways I hope this team can surprise us,thats the only way tounament can survive.

Still, any investor should not worry about how Kerala XI plays. He should only be worried about the crowd and if the crowd for Kerala XI games will be great than fine. Also forget if the crowd for other games is bad, this is not Europe where you can play anywhere and get a crowd.

Now the problem is actual having an investor go to a game. We dont know if any are going but I bet that if they do and see Kerala XI get a huge crowd than he will make a new club.
    Now what I'm looking for is the tournament that is starting from April 1st, The Leader's trophy, Eagles,Golden Threads,Quartz,Malabar United,Gymkhana all under one tournament. thats going to be a big one!
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Midlajj wrote:

Still, any investor should not worry about how Kerala XI plays. He should only be worried about the crowd and if the crowd for Kerala XI games will be great than fine. Also forget if the crowd for other games is bad, this is not Europe where you can play anywhere and get a crowd.

Now the problem is actual having an investor go to a game. We dont know if any are going but I bet that if they do and see Kerala XI get a huge crowd than he will make a new club.

agreed, point taken. We will see how the tournament progress.
  • MEG Bangalore are current BDFA Football League champions, KGF Academy finished 2nd and HAL 3rd. They were not allowed to play in Div-2 because of AFC criteria.

Indian Army is probably Army XI, has played in Div-2 before.

BNR is a office team from Kolkata used to be a major force in 60s and 70s.
    MEG Bangalore are current BDFA Football League champions, KGF Academy finished 2nd and HAL 3rd. They were not allowed to play in Div-2 because of AFC criteria.

Indian Army is probably Army XI, has played in Div-2 before.

BNR is a office team from Kolkata used to be a major force in 60s and 70s.
    informative one Somnath :)
    Its the first time Calicut is witnessing a football tournament since 1999. promotion works are going well, so expecting a huge crowd for the opening match.

The best part of this tournament is finally Kerala have got a decent stadium.

Group A - Kerala XI , Air India , BN Railway , MEG Banglore

Group B - Lajong FC , Southern Samity , Indian Army , Mumabi FC
  • All is going well then. Again, all you guys need is a person with money to see this (or a group which would be better) and form a club or maybe try helping Eagles FC (or Kerala Eagles FC as I hope they will be called soon) reach I-League and play in the Municipal.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ya i agree with @arsenalfan show the investors the real fan base available in kerala and who know may be one of the top businessman from your own land gives india higly followed club with best players playing for them and giving our national league the all needed lift to keep pace with european leagues