AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Oh boy! Dont remind me his U16 days
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @archak - Ganeshan is decent player. Might be in Arrows team for the coming season. But I dont think he can make it in the u22 team, maybe in the squad, but not in first XI or as a sub.<div><br></div><div>About Fela - I think Fela still got ability but of course he is overweight. Last season Bulpin said so and even this season Arrows coaches feel the same. In two seasons he could not check that, thats not good news. I think the main problem for him in this squad is his position.</div><div>As a striker he can't make it - Manandeep, jeje, Holicharan (in practice even rajinder or pankaj were preferred for that)</div><div><br></div><div>As a winger - Did that for Arrows, but with his fitness he cant do that here - u got dika, romeo, david etc.</div><div><br></div><div>As a CAM - he played in that position in practice games, but he lack creativity like alwyn, I think even deepak prakash is better.</div><div><br></div><div>So, really Fela didn't have the chance, his next target should be get fit and try to get back his striker's position.</div>
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Its sad to see that a player who was once the star player of the u-16 team is now not even able to find a regular starting position<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Ronny wrote: »
    Its sad to see that a player who was once the star player of the u-16 team is now not even able to find a regular starting position</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That happens a lot. Just because you were great at u16 level does not mean you will be great at senior level.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That is why I got pissed when people said that the U14 Academy Elite Boys would lead us and not the others who do not make it. Only 75% of the Elite Academy will play in I-League. The rest will be the ones that dont make it because they get good later.</font></div>
  • Under 15 days to go for the qaulifiers. No international friendlies? And no final squad yet?
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3504 Points
    The national team training kit looks better than matchdays kit.
    India U22 will play a Delhi XI as a practice game in the new formation and tactics. This is to test how much have we been able to learn it. I do think its not the right time to have international friendly. Its a learning period<div><br></div><div>Indian coach is also not hoping much from U22 qualifiers. We will play in the new formation no matter what.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, for the 1st time, Indian team's practice is being video-taped</div>
  • somesh wrote: »
    India U22 will play a Delhi XI as a practice game in the new formation and tactics. This is to test how much have we been able to learn it. I do think its not the right time to have international friendly. Its a learning period<div><br></div><div>Indian coach is also not hoping much from U22 qualifiers. We will play in the new formation no matter what.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, for the 1st time, Indian team's practice is being video-taped</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I agree about no friendly. We have no time. At least with the India U22 team playing against Delhi XI the play will be slower and the players will slowly gain a better understanding of the tactics, who will be placed where, who to pass to, etc. </div><div><br></div><div>As for video, does this mean AIFF are opening a youtube or will it just be stream.</div>
    These videos are for analysis post practice sessions
  • somesh wrote: »
    These videos are for analysis post practice sessions
     <div><br></div><div> So interviews and all that. Still amazing news!</div><div><br></div><div>AIFF is on a roll.</div>