AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    If he thinks the Indian fitness trainers are doing proper work, then he wont need to ask for anyone else...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I was talking about Arthur being a disciplinarian, here's some proof of that :)</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.indianexpress.com/news/in-papas-house-theres-no-place-for-slackers/960704/1</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><h1 class="headstory" style="margin: 5px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 100; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(223, 222, 222); width: 600px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">In Papas’ house, there’s no place for slackers</h1><div><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The Indian Under-22 football squad is getting a taste of the tough and unforgiving Australian brand of coaching before the Asian Championship in Oman later this month. With the freshly-appointed, Melbourne-born coach Arthur Papas at the helm, slackers and late-comers attending the national camp at Ambedkar Stadium here are finding the training schedule a bit too punishing.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">So on Monday, while the 32-year-old hard taskmaster watched his boys play a practice game, he occasionally threw a stern look at a small bunch of players running unending laps around the field. As the drained out boys finally rested after over 90 minutes, Papas gave the reason for the apologetic look on their long faces.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">“That’s for not reporting for dinner on time. Discipline is something these guys can’t go against. All of them are professionals and they can’t act like amateurs. Football is a game in which for every minute of your life you have to stay a professional,” he says.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The coach says that his way to rebuke his wards depends on the level of their indiscipline. “Some are asked to cool their heels on the bench. The other day, I asked a player to sing a song for the entire squad. Many of these players will go and join the senior team. So they can’t afford to have a casual attitude,” said Papas.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Change in attitude</b></p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The coach is happy with the fact that his training methods have resulted in a change in the attitude of the team. “Everyday I see improvement. I see positivity on the ground and also off the field. They need to know that they are playing for their country and they have to respect the badge they wear,”explains Papas.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">As the evening session comes to an end, the players are asked to do sprint repetition. The exhausted bunch attempt to cut corners but are stopped in their track by the eagle-eyed Australian. “Many of you haven’t touched the line. In case you guys don’t touch the line, the session would not get over.”</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">With Papas around, there are no short cuts.</p></div></div></div>
  • BLOODY BRILLIANT! EXCELLENT! I am loving Papas more and more each day.
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3504 Points
    change, no casual attitude ...well done arthur
  • VikiViki 140 Points
    Pappas makes me believe that future of Inadian football is in the right hands...........
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    awesome man amazing.......he should treat the senior team like this lol its them who need it more.......:p<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    <font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">I was talking about Arthur being a disciplinarian, here's some proof of that :)</font><div><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana"><br></font></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">http://www.indianexpress.com/news/in-papas-house-theres-no-place-for-slackers/960704/1</font></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana"><br></font></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana"><br></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><h1 class="headstory" style="margin: 5px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 100; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(223, 222, 222); width: 600px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">In Papas’ house, there’s no place for slackers</h1><div><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The Indian Under-22 football squad is getting a taste of the tough and unforgiving Australian brand of coaching before the Asian Championship in Oman later this month. With the freshly-appointed, Melbourne-born coach Arthur Papas at the helm, slackers and late-comers attending the national camp at Ambedkar Stadium here are finding the training schedule a bit too punishing.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">So on Monday, while the 32-year-old hard taskmaster watched his boys play a practice game, he occasionally threw a stern look at a small bunch of players running unending laps around the field. As the drained out boys finally rested after over 90 minutes, Papas gave the reason for the apologetic look on their long faces.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">“That’s for not reporting for dinner on time. Discipline is something these guys can’t go against. All of them are professionals and they can’t act like amateurs. Football is a game in which for every minute of your life you have to stay a professional,” he says.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The coach says that his way to rebuke his wards depends on the level of their indiscipline. “Some are asked to cool their heels on the bench. The other day, I asked a player to sing a song for the entire squad. Many of these players will go and join the senior team. So they can’t afford to have a casual attitude,” said Papas.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Change in attitude</b></p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The coach is happy with the fact that his training methods have resulted in a change in the attitude of the team. “Everyday I see improvement. I see positivity on the ground and also off the field. They need to know that they are playing for their country and they have to respect the badge they wear,”explains Papas.</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">As the evening session comes to an end, the players are asked to do sprint repetition. The exhausted bunch attempt to cut corners but are stopped in their track by the eagle-eyed Australian. “Many of you haven’t touched the line. In case you guys don’t touch the line, the session would not get over.”</p><p style="margin: 5px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 23px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">With Papas around, there are no short cuts.</p></div></div></div>

<br><br>Well i would have expected all the coaches to be disciplinarians...little surprised that it gathered so much momentum..<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited June 2012
    No man, very few Indian coaches are like that...and if they want to be like them most Indian players dont care...the discliplne level is very bad...In Bulpin's era, the players had to switch of light at given time, etc...now they are happy in social network sites and all...the condition in other clubs are even bad...i had mentioned before how a HAL player once was online at 3-4 am and played a i league match on the same day...the professionalism and discipline needs to be spot on..specially at this age....
  • rudra wrote: »
    No man, very few Indian coaches are like that...and if they want to be like them most Indian players dont care...the discliplne level is very bad...In Bulpin's era, the players had to switch of light at given time, etc...now they are happy in social network sites and all...the condition in other clubs are even bad...i had mentioned before how a HAL player once was online at 3-4 am and played a i league match on the same day...the professionalism and discipline needs to be spot on..specially at this age....

<br><div><br></div><div>+1</div><div><br></div><div>If coaches were like that then we would never see players going on social sites and talking a storm about there new contracts.</div><div><br></div><div>When Nirmal Chetri said on twitter that he joined Mohun Bagan he should have been suspended!</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    Is <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Arthur Papas on twitter ?<br></span>