2012 IFA Shield

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    Arrows are not that bad actually,the U-19 team players recently dominated Asian powerhouse Uzbekistan U-19 and almost drew them in the qualifiers.

They have the talent depends on how I-league,the club Arrows and the foreign exposure(U-22 Qualifiers and friendlies) develops them in future.

Give them good facilities and good trainers and a good manager...they can do well than this generation

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    Arrows are not that bad actually,the U-19 team players recently dominated Asian powerhouse Uzbekistan U-19 and almost drew them in the qualifiers.

They have the talent depends on how I-league,the club Arrows and the foreign exposure(U-22 Qualifiers and friendlies) develops them in future.

Give them good facilities and good trainers and a good manager...they can do well than this generation

After this terrible experience with Savio at NT, I feel Arrows too needs a foreign coach not Indian.What do you think ?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

After this terrible experience with Savio at NT, I feel Arrows too needs a foreign coach not Indian.What do you think ?

I had always opposed sacking of Bulpin. See the issue is just not long balls or poor style of play. Its a diplomatic, power-play issue. Bulpin, or for that matter Houghton (even our own Colaco), are very dominating characters. That's a prob with AIFF or other administrators (like the support staff etc).

Bulpin was very strict, now the discipline in Arrows squad is lacking, many complain that the coaches favour some players which has nothing to do with having more talent. The way players bitch about each other (some in open forums), clearly shows lack of discipline. I have heard complaints that Bulpin was not sacked because of the style of play (then you won't give Sukhwinder the job as he also prefers similar style) but it was more to do with internal diplomacy with support staff etc.

Anyways, Bulpin is past. At the moment Arrows are with there makeshift bosses. Next season, they need to find a good TD, I have little faith on the current guys
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

I had always opposed sacking of Bulpin. See the issue is just not long balls or poor style of play. Its a diplomatic, power-play issue. Bulpin, or for that matter Houghton (even our own Colaco), are very dominating characters. That's a prob with AIFF or other administrators (like the support staff etc).

Bulpin was very strict, now the discipline in Arrows squad is lacking, many complain that the coaches favour some players which has nothing to do with having more talent. The way players bitch about each other (some in open forums), clearly shows lack of discipline. I have heard complaints that Bulpin was not sacked because of the style of play (then you won't give Sukhwinder the job as he also prefers similar style) but it was more to do with internal diplomacy with support staff etc.

Anyways, Bulpin is past. At the moment Arrows are with there makeshift bosses. Next season, they need to find a good TD, I have little faith on the current guys

Exactly man that is what I was thinking,I regret abusing Bulpin.These foreign coaches from developed Footballing Nations are strict and keep these players in control they also have better knowledge compared to Indian ones when it comes to Tactics.

I now feel that Arrows would have been in better position if Bulpin was their coach.

• Bulpin would have sacked most of the JCT U19 guys. The thing is the JCT U19 players won the I-League U19 in 2011 but they are not disciplined. The AIFF and Clubs need to know that a youth league is not only about how they play and who is good, it is also about disciplin. How do the players conduct themselves?

I have seen it with my Red Bulls Academy. I am scared of my coach, in fact he benched me because I get angry way to easy to much even though I was on amazing form.

That is what is lacking and when the AIFF and IMG and Clubs talk about the Youth League I hope they take that into consideration.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    2nd Semi-final Botafogo Vs Prayag United 0-0 in 90' . United played nice passing football and surprised the Brazilian team. United is playing without their top two players- Lal Kamal and Arnab Mondal.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Bulpin would have sacked most of the JCT U19 guys. The thing is the JCT U19 players won the I-League U19 in 2011 but they are not disciplined. The AIFF and Clubs need to know that a youth league is not only about how they play and who is good, it is also about disciplin. How do the players conduct themselves?

I have seen it with my Red Bulls Academy. I am scared of my coach, in fact he benched me because I get angry way to easy to much even though I was on amazing form.

That is what is lacking and when the AIFF and IMG and Clubs talk about the Youth League I hope they take that into consideration.

All the JCT players are between 21-23, so these are not the players who were in u19 winning team. These are all the last i league players.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sabir wrote:
    2nd Semi-final Botafogo Vs Prayag United 0-0 in 90' . United played nice passing football and surprised the Brazilian team. United is playing without their top two players- Lal Kamal and Arnab Mondal.

The Brazilian team looks surprised by all our team including Chirag Kerala!!!
    :))
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    They have played Southern Samiti and Chirag (one of the most weak team in i-league). They are playing well in extra time. But I am confident IFA shield is going to East Bengal tent this year.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    sabir wrote:
    They have played Southern Samiti and Chirag (one of the most weak team in i-league). They are playing well in extra time. But I am confident IFA shield is going to East Bengal tent this year.

This will be a boost to the EB camp.