2012 IFA Shield

Comments

• and EB playing full strength, not taking arrows lightly
  • and EB playing full strength, not taking arrows lightly

Thats good. Test these kids, make them know that they are not in some sort of youth league anymore.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I like the PA is playing, they are pressing a lot. But they are not able to find cutting edge at final third.
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    I like the PA is playing, they are pressing a lot. But they are not able to find cutting edge at final third.

Much improved performance...but cant break expreienced EB defence... I think with this performance they can get wins against lower/mid table teams...Arrows have been competitive today...but some of the passing and crossing have been horrible
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    True, the problem was mainly the passing, but what I like the most was the creative movement. If anyone of the pass went through, PA would have scored the goal. Since they are young, they will improve with matches.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Alwyn is very intelligent. But he must workout to improve his physic to be fit in international level.
  • I can see them getting better. They have been together for a month and just played East Bengal. That was always a tough match. I think if we can keep this team for next season (if Pailan is around) this team could be better than 2010-11
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    They have to be better. They have to be at per with top i-league (including foreigners) team at this age . Only then we can expect them to be at per with top Asian teams after 3-4 years with more experience and maturity.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    archak wrote:
    this result should give the boys some confidence.... with this renewed confidence they should pull themself off the bottom of the league when it restarts

btw what is goerge 's exact birth year @rudra?

According to Debarghya89 on wikipedia his birth date is March 1, 1988. (Age 24)

if he is born on 1988 then how come he is part of u-22 trails???
    if these details are correct and not verified by aiff and thus sending him to qualifiers would cost us a lot

Don't worry guys most of the player's official and real age dont match... Alwyn's age might have been copied from his facebook but the 'official' age will be what matters...

Don't worry many players who have played youth tournaments from India have been over-age before...and i know many who are more that 22 but in u22 camp....so chill!!!!
    We always criticise other teams esp. Pakistan, but we are ourselves not that transparent
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Arrows are not that bad actually,the U-19 team players recently dominated Asian powerhouse Uzbekistan U-19 and almost drew them in the qualifiers.

They have the talent depends on how I-league,the club Arrows and the foreign exposure(U-22 Qualifiers and friendlies) develops them in future.