2012 IFA Shield

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Gurpreet is superb goalkeeper. It tells about the tough mentality he has got to replace Sandip Nandy that too a pressure cooker situation of Calcutta football, at a tender age (Tender age according to goalkeeping life).
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    Gurpreet is superb goalkeeper. It tells about the tough mentality he has got to replace Sandip Nandy that too a pressure cooker situation of Calcutta football, at a tender age (Tender age according to goalkeeping life).

Indian keepers are good and with AIFF-FIFA Academies coming-up I'm expecting European class keepers in 8-10 years.

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:

Indian keepers are good and with AIFF-FIFA Academies coming-up I'm expecting European class keepers in 8-10 years.

Praying for the same. [-O<
  • rudra wrote:
    This is the 2nd time Gurpreet singh sandhu has been under the bar and EB won in penalty shootout. 1st time against salgaocar in super cup... good progress by the youngster (another ex arrows!)

Yep, Sandhu should be our starter for the U22 Championship qualifiers. His only mistake (that I have seen anyway) was moving up for that corner against Prayag in I-League.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    This is the 2nd time Gurpreet singh sandhu has been under the bar and EB won in penalty shootout. 1st time against salgaocar in super cup... good progress by the youngster (another ex arrows!)

Yep, Sandhu should be our starter for the U22 Championship qualifiers. His only mistake (that I have seen anyway) was moving up for that corner against Prayag in I-League.

Gurpreet used to be a shaky goalie, he made a lot of mistakes in the asian games (i believe his mistakes cost us the game against qatar)...anyways thats past, now he is very reliable....

I believe goaing up for the corner was a collective decision or instructed by coach....he wont do that on his own.

Another good thing is that he is used to playing in pressure situations, as the fan/crowd pressure during EB matches is very high esp lately after few poor games in i league.
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

Gurpreet used to be a shaky goalie, he made a lot of mistakes in the asian games (i believe his mistakes cost us the game against qatar)...anyways thats past, now he is very reliable....

I believe goaing up for the corner was a collective decision or instructed by coach....he wont do that on his own.

Another good thing is that he is used to playing in pressure situations, as the fan/crowd pressure during EB matches is very high esp lately after few poor games in i league.

I will be honest and say that I could care less for the "pressure of playing in Kolkata" I have seen many non EB vs MB games at the Salt Lake Stadium and at most both teams get like 20,000 - 25,000 people a game (thus why I rather both clubs in a 20,000 seater)

As for Gurpreet he is young, mistakes have been made and mistakes will be made in the future, that is what being a professional goalkeeper is about. You learn. He will come good.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

I will be honest and say that I could care less for the "pressure of playing in Kolkata" I have seen many non EB vs MB games at the Salt Lake Stadium and at most both teams get like 20,000 - 25,000 people a game (thus why I rather both clubs in a 20,000 seater)

As for Gurpreet he is young, mistakes have been made and mistakes will be made in the future, that is what being a professional goalkeeper is about. You learn. He will come good.

Do you watch Kolkata channels ??? NO,Probably that's why you saying this.20,000 is just the number in stadium.Pressure from Kolkata is no less than what you see in England.

Fans are always behind you be it training ground,Gym,Conference,Facebook,Twitter and even near your house etc etc.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:

Well pressure in playing either for mb or eb doesn't come from the ONLY crowd pressure...it comes from fans who are also not in the ground....its not only during the matches...anywhere when fans see u they flock
    Apart from that the officials are constantly abused who in turn turn the heat on the coach and the players....so even before the built up of the game there are off-field pressure....

Not saying that its exclusively for Kolkata footballers but definitely experienced by Kolkata footballers

I am sure YOU can care less for that but players don't, its a reality for them.....u underperform u get abused by thousands of fan in the field, off the field, in the social network sites etc.
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

Well pressure in playing either for mb or eb doesn't come from the ONLY crowd pressure...it comes from fans who are also not in the ground....its not only during the matches...anywhere when fans see u they flock
    Apart from that the officials are constantly abused who in turn turn the heat on the coach and the players....so even before the built up of the game there are off-field pressure....

Not saying that its exclusively for Kolkata footballers but definitely experienced by Kolkata footballers

I am sure YOU can care less for that but players don't, its a reality for them.....u underperform u get abused by thousands of fan in the field, off the field, in the social network sites etc.

There professionals! They get used to being abused. For gods sake look at Steve Kean, he is getting DEATH THREATS from "fans". He was forced to get body guards.

Here in New York for the New York Red Bulls when Thierry Henry scored a hat-trick people loved him but when he did not score the next week the media was all over him.

I can go on.

Unless stones are being thrown then the abuse should be getting used to, and they say they want to go to Europe where abuse would continue.

Also if stones are being thrown then ban the fans from going to whatever event the stones were thrown at.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Don't compare MLS guys or EPL guys with I League guys! I League players, coaches are most unprofessional, they chat with u, look for attention, bitch about coach and players, break contracts, skip practice sessions, take a motorbike from the ground to home like some regular guy... Here its a different ball game altogether! (Only common thing is the ball on the ground is still a football!!!!!)