Foreigners in I-League

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    reddevil87 wrote:
    I agree the foreign attacking options are partially blamed for lack of attacking options. But the major underlying reason is mainly lack of professionalism from Indian players. If you look at the Indian NT and Indian players are totally unfit to play at that level. Professional layers take upon themselves to remain fit for highest level. Also, if a talented Indian striker is not getting playing option at big clubs, he can always turn himself to a lower clubs where he can prove himself better and play regularly. But actually Indian players are content to play as second fiddle and earn big bucks at bigger clubs. I was comparing the body structure of Indian mid age players (26 and above players), unfortunately except Sunil and Nabi(also I felt Nabi was on heavier side this cup compare to SAFF and Bayern match), most of them have a stouty body structure, compare to athletic body of any other top Asian players of same age. If you want to play professional football, you need to be professional enough to work out regularly and practice, even if you country's best player. But, on other hand, if Indian player reaches to a stardom, he consider himself for automatic selection and suddenly complacency creeps into him. Also, I don't completely agree with the fact that Indian are less talented then those foreigners playing in I-league(except odafa's), it is just they need to be professional enough to prove continuously that they are better than foreigner.

Also, people can understand the problem of lack of striking options (thanks to foreigners), but why is midfield so poor when compared to other top Asian nations? Also, why is defence and midfield is lacking pace?

Some good points there. Definitely Indian players need to beef-up or else there is no chance at International level everybody knows that.

AIFF for their Academies has to scout for good strong fellas in right position and those of who are not tall they need be very fast and technically a notch higher only then they are of use.

• shouldn't it be 1 from u-19, 2 from u-21, 2 from u-23, 2 foreingners, & rest of all
  • shouldn't it be 1 from u-19, 2 from u-21, 2 from u-23, 2 foreingners, & rest of all

That would make 5 youngsters and 2 foreigners (7 players) then 5 other. Could work but I would stick to u23. u19 players may be to inexperienced and young to play I-League. Just let them play in an I-League U19 league.
  • arsenalfan wrote:
    shouldn't it be 1 from u-19, 2 from u-21, 2 from u-23, 2 foreingners, & rest of all

That would make 5 youngsters and 2 foreigners (7 players) then 5 other. Could work but I would stick to u23. u19 players may be to inexperienced and young to play I-League. Just let them play in an I-League U19 league.

many of the premier league debutants are 16,17,18..I guess you know the names ,why not here which is even light years away from being competent?

• arsenalfan wrote:
    shouldn't it be 1 from u-19, 2 from u-21, 2 from u-23, 2 foreingners, & rest of all

many of the premier league debutants are 16,17,18..I guess you know the names ,why not here which is even light years away from being competent?

The skill level of those boys who are 16, 17, and 18 in the Premier League are so good and skillful because there Academy and coaches were world class.

I-League is not that good with youth, the youth players barely get games and barely practice at all (most of them) so having a u19 player on would just make the game a lot more slower.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    we should have 3 foreigners, otherwise it'll lack the glory.If the 1 foreign striker rule is implemented , clubs MAY go for 2 foreign midfielders & that wont be nice.So better to have foreign players 1 each in forward , midfield & defense sections.And 30+ squad should contain 10-15 (15 is better - isn't it?) youth players.As the season proceeds ,they'll automatically get the chance to play - with injuries etc.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    It is impossible to specify the position of foreigners. You say only 1 foreign striker but what if the other one is mentioned as midfielder in the list and play as forward in the field swithing his position. There iss no rule that a midfielder cant stay in up front.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ajmal wrote:
    we should have 3 foreigners, otherwise it'll lack the glory.If the 1 foreign striker rule is implemented , clubs MAY go for 2 foreign midfielders & that wont be nice.So better to have foreign players 1 each in forward , midfield & defense sections.And 30+ squad should contain 10-15 (15 is better - isn't it?) youth players.As the season proceeds ,they'll automatically get the chance to play - with injuries etc.

You can never enforce 1 striker rule....suppose i play a player in midfield and during game he moves up!!!!! That is impossible
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sabir wrote:
    It is impossible to specify the position of foreigners. You say only 1 foreign striker but what if the other one is mentioned as midfielder in the list and play as forward in the field swithing his position. There iss no rule that a midfielder cant stay in up front.

yeah that my point
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Better to bring down the number of foreigners as an experiment for 1-2 years in I-league. Dont allow any in local league. Then club officials will be more selective to fill these two positions.