Foreigners in I-League

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Savio's intelligence is in question...how can one selectively ban strikers...i can always register ranti, odafa in midfiled and during match they will go to forward position
    munna219777
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    rudra wrote:
    Savio's intelligence is in question...how can one selectively ban strikers...i can always register ranti, odafa in midfiled and during match they will go to forward position
    U know ,Rob Baan is supporting savio in this.So Baan's intelligence is also in question

=))
  • @rudra Thanks, no idea how I copied the wrong link...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ajmal wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    U know ,Rob Baan is supporting savio in this.So Baan's intelligence is also in question

=))

I dunno how they think this is an viable idea...i can support to lower to total numbers or even have them banned, but how to ban them position wise? I have no idea
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    they should just reduce it to 1 foreigner in i-league
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    usaindia wrote:
    they should just reduce it to 1 foreigner in i-league

this is the only probable option now available for us as it will mean all clubs mostly using 4-4-2 formation will have to find a local guy to pair the foreign striker which would mean he also would get better playing along with him as well...that should be great for him eventually will help us getting some good strikers hopefully
  • Again I say this...

Roster rules are set at 30 players maximum.

- 3 foreigners per team + 1 player of Indian Origon. (Only 2 of the foreigners can be on the field)

- At least 15 of the 30 man squad must be u23.

- At least 5 of the starting 11 players must be u23.

- The Indian Origon players must get reasonable time (for marketing reasons).

Done that is it. I cant see any other way to improve the youngsters and also stay competitive. To many young Indians will make fans stay away due to the quality being bad and we would be back to where we were.

As for Baan supporting Savio, how do you know? If the media said so then dont believe everything the media says.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited March 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Again I say this...

- 3 foreigners per team + 1 player of Indian Origon. (Only 2 of the foreigners can be on the field)

Done that is it. I cant see any other way to improve the youngsters and also stay competitive. To many young Indians will make fans stay away due to the quality being bad and we would be back to where we were.

As for Baan supporting Savio, how do you know? If the media said so then dont believe everything the media says.
    i would say reduce the no of foreignerrs to 2 and also u-23 players to 3 or 4 that will mean 5-6 players of 23+ and indians will be able to continue their career despite crossing the age or else in your idea it will mean only 3 23+ aged indians will get a chance in top league and i feel that is not motivating for one footballer to take it as their career
    so my wish for starting line wouldbe 5/6 23+ indians +2 foreigners + 3/4 u-23players would be perfect with good mixture of younsters, indians as well as foreigners
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited March 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Again I say this...

Out of 30,
    1) foreigners/PIO quota is perfect, with a additional criteria - 1 of them should be a National Team Player or Played in AFC Champions League, atleast 10 games in any one of them. Otherwise that slot is to be occupied by Indian player. This would ensure better quality of foreign players. Can only have 2 foreign on field.
    2) 15 of them should be u23 (not including foreigner) with any 7 of them should have played in 60% of league games with more than 40% should be as starter(not on bench). ie any 7 of them would play atleast 15 games per season and with 10 games of them would be as starter. This would help in best young player to get atleast minimum number of matches per season.
    3) Each matchday squad should contain atleast 4 - U23 player ( including on bench ). By this the quality is maintained for important matches where the coach has the option of player senior players as starter.

Please note the number can vary according to the need.