AFC News

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Isl clubs may not make money & im sure will never represant india nor leave indian football any better off when they shut shopBUT #IMg is definetly making money & more importantly so are #aiff bosses fron #ISL ...so there is every reason tht this annual corporate joke will be pushed by aiff till the very end
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    For the first time, there are clubs which have challenged the duopoly of Mohun Bagan-East Bengal nexus, and @deepakc is now at the peak of insecurity about the future of his beloved club.

The rest of the country also needs clubs to support and if ISL can provide it, we'll support it. And I don't want a club from kerala in that tamasha league called I league.

If Mohun Bagan and east Bengal wanted to play in ISL, they should have outbid Atletico Madrid.

And lastly, football or any other sport, is a business meant to make money and provide entertainment. No businessman will invest in a loss making venture. Football is not a charity sport to be kept running on doles from the government or FIFA.
    deepak dedhaDeb_Ban
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    A national league without EB and mb will be a complete disaster in Bengal. no one will give a f for ATK. now all supporters ( like us ) of ATK are actually EB/ mb supporters who supports ATK only to pass time. if you are not from Bengal ( obviously you are not ) you can not even imagine what EB or MB or even MDS means to us. It is more than a club. It is related to ethnic origin. It is religion. No club can match this in next hundred yeras. Bengal football= EB + mb + mds. We don't really care. We are born to support this club. A Bengal/ ghoti new born is a new supporter of EB or MB. We don't need to create a supporter base. It is already created. You simply can't think about the passion related. Feeling sorry for you, your comment is laughable my friend.
    samiamgoalkeeparEastBengalPridedeepakcreddevil87Deb_Ban
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Too hard to explain footballing passion to someone who has never seen even a proper club in his home town/state. That circus company in Kerala which is in ISL has already made the noises we have heard over the years, Kerala cannot run any sports club/franchises, remember that next time before you bad mouth EB and MB.
    100% agree with what @footydip wrote above, that post from atul was actually more sad than funny IMO.
    deepakcfootydipDeb_Ban
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @footydip, I know what footballing passion is. I religiously follow the club to which the slogan, "More than a Club" aka "Mes que Un club" originally belongs to.
    For me too, Barcelona is the team of my heart but I have hopes of a football resurgence in India through ISL and my local team, Kerala Blasters.

@East Bengal pride, Kerala Blasters is a circus company?
    First get rid of the prefix of a liquor company from your club's name. At least we don't promote alcohol to kids. Promoting a circus is way better.
    Also, I bad mouthed I league only, not East Bengal or mohun Bagan.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Peace guys..@atuljg we hope Kerala blasters win ISL this year.
    atuljgdeepak dedhaEastBengalPride
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Aah.....a Kerala Blasters fan....so where were you before 2014?
    EastBengalPrideDomnicgopiajeeshfox
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    India gets two slots in AFC Cup Right???
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    1 Direct and 1 playoff
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    But last year we had two direct slots. What changed now?