AFC News

Comments

• G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    It's not just that. If you remember, last season BFC was about to play at Pune, because of their issues with KAA. It sorted out in the last moment. Kanteerava Stadium is expensive compared to GMC Stadium and BFC doesn't draw good numbers for AFC matches.
    munna219777Deb_Bangoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2021
    Yes

BFC had a legal tussle with Athletics Association regarding sharing of stadium for Athletics training purposes.

Karnataka govt formulated some draft also- i wonder what happened to that

So many years have passed since the days when BFC entered I-League in that old Bengaluru Football stadium.
    That stadium could have been renovated with floodlights.
    Instead they chose the cheaper way of sharing Athletics stadium.

gaffertapegoalkeeparindian_gooneratuljg
  • BFC doesn't draw good numbers for AFC matches.
    Now this is what puzzles me. All I am dreaming is of seeing AFC matches of KBFC :D rather  than facing ISL teams  at Kaloor stadium.

dev_pfcmunna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    @munna219777 as far as I know, BFC had bid for renovation contract of BFS, and contract has gone to Ozone owners, but its stuck in legal tussle and renovation is still a no go.
    indian_goonermunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Goa to host AFC Champions League 2021 Group Stage matches

The Asian Football Confederation has granted India the hosting rights of group stage matches of Group E for the AFC Champions League. The matches will be held in Goa, the AFC confirmed in a letter to General Secretaries of Participating Member Associations dated March 11, 2021.

FC Goa, who will be the first team from India to play in the group stage of the AFC Champions League. They have been drawn in Group E along with Iran’s Persepolis FC, who were runners-up in the 2018 AFC Champions League, Al Rayyan of Qatar, and a play-off winner.

The Gaurs became the first team from India to get direct qualification for the premier tournament after finishing at the top of the points table in the league phase of the Hero Indian Super League 2019-20 season.

https://www.the-aiff.com/article/goa-to-host-afc-champions-league-2021-group-stage-matches

ashindiasouravindiaNagendraG_KCarbon_14munna219777haritrams24indian_gooner
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    6 matches against quality oppositions. This is what was required.
    munna219777goalkeeparindian_goonerRonny
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I don't see Sivasakthi called into BFC's AFC squad
    I feel Goa will leave out Ivan Gonzalez and Alberto Noguera
    goalkeepargaffertape
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    edited March 2021
    Al rayyan has matches to play till April 1st week.. They are 3rd in table now.. Former psg coach & top profile foreigners

Persepolis are going strong in iranisn league.., Have a iranian coach ...  (The day indian coaches emerge, we will see india qualify for WC)
    Can expect another iranian team to join in goa.. 

Very tough fixtures for Goa.. Angulo has to weave his magic & then we all have to pray for Fcgoa to manage a draw..  
    Juan ferrando has 1 month time to prepare.. but will they be good enough against the pace & quality of these west asian teams

thebeautifulgamegaffertapesouravindia
    edited March 2021
    A 36 year old Angulo will stand no chance against a team of the calibre of Persepolis. An interesting comment from Stimac that most of the foreigners in ISL are not of very high quality, mostly 3rd or 4th division Spanish league which is why Indian players are able to perform at the same level.
    dhritiman7souravindiaSiVdev_pfc