PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• Seriously, none of these players are ever going to make the England national team. If we can just convince them enough to get rid of there English passports to join India then we can be a great side in 2nd tier Asia. However it only seems like Netan can do it because if he gives up his English passport then he will not have to worry about work permit as he plays in Denmark.

BTW, any update of the Dutch based Indian-origin players?
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points

Hope Wim is aware of Netan

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

If some of these guys can do what Arata did then Indian Football would benefit to certain extent.

• ashindia said:
    If some of these guys can do what Arata did then Indian Football would benefit to certain extent.

did arata played for india?

• archakarchak 2082 Points

No he gave up his Japanesee Passport for Indian

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Ive said before Netan would love to play if some can meet him and talk to him. Its a big decision to give up a passport but then again asian passport opens many doors. Wim or Baan should talk to him. I know him personally and he wants to play.

> Shah476 said:
    > Ive said before Netan would love to play if some can meet him and talk to him. Its a big decision to give up a passport but then again asian passport opens many doors. Wim or Baan should talk to him. I know him personally and he wants to play.

Amazing that is,guys Im sure few here are in touch with officials and some of them are officials themselves why cant you help out.I mean if the player is ready to give up his EU passport he deserves the Indian jersey !

There are other British players too like Aman Verma,Danny Batth who can be of great help to Indian National Team.

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

ofcourse but as we saw the remarks from kushal das regarding chopra.. such things dont help the cause i think. im not sure any1 from aiff is intouch with netan at the moment.. if he plays for India the Anglian guys will be able to cash in on him too.. he can slot into CB as Rahim Nabi is pretty solid at left back.. Batth i think is a tough call at this stage  but likes of aman verma perhaps can be convinced as asian passport could open i league doors or into far east..

but as i said it has to be long term vision on such players.. im happy to help any1 who needs help netan.. i want to see our football rise.. we in south asia are 30% or world population yet nowhere on the football map.. 

but ofcourse foreign players alone are not the solution but as part of short to medium term goals i think they can contribute..again Harmeet has publically said he would consider.. that would be huge coup to get him in..
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Spoke to Nico (Netan) last year, and he is considering giving up his UK passport.
    Problem is he hasn't lived in India, so it will take quite some time for him to get a UK passport, as his parents also now have UK passports.

Indian bureaucracy at its best again