IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    yes..but the fun part was this...2010-11 - We want telecast, I cant know about the players coz shitty AIFF dont show us matches blah blah blah<div><br></div><div>2011-12 - Why not all games why only selected games are shown. Why kolkata/Goa clubs have preference, why news time bangla, why this and that...and then @#$@#%## AIFF.. F**** OFF</div><div><br></div><div>Then it turns out even then those who actually follow websites, maintain pages, even write articles watch say 5 matches the whole season, only when there's hype like - EB vs MB, Dempo vs EB/MB and few of same kind...</div><div><br></div><div>Then why blame Ten Sports, they are not doing too bad, initially they used to give Ads, they also brought Sunil in CL coverage (Sunil is no great as a match analyst) so that people know about him, they mentioned that next week sunil will play this and that game... I wont be surprised if they cut off more games next season. Also giving a regional channel is a great move coz News Bangla made sure all matches in kolkata (also Arrows) will be covered....maybe some Goa channel should also come up to cover all Goa matches</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote:
    yes..but the fun part was this...2010-11 - We want telecast, I cant know about the players coz shitty AIFF dont show us matches blah blah blah</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2011-12 - Why not all games why only selected games are shown. Why kolkata/Goa clubs have preference, why news time bangla, why this and that...and then @#$@#%## AIFF.. F**** OFF</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Then it turns out even then those who actually follow websites, maintain pages, even write articles watch say 5 matches the whole season, only when there's hype like - EB vs MB, Dempo vs EB/MB and few of same kind...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Then why blame Ten Sports, they are not doing too bad, initially they used to give Ads, they also brought Sunil in CL coverage (Sunil is no great as a match analyst) so that people know about him, they mentioned that next week sunil will play this and that game... I wont be surprised if they cut off more games next season. Also giving a regional channel is a great move coz News Bangla made sure all matches in kolkata (also Arrows) will be covered....maybe some Goa channel should also come up to cover all Goa matches</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Exactly what I want. Regional Channels. Here in the US every MLS match is on TV and I mean all of them (all 646 matches). ESPN does 1-2 matches per week and NBC Sports does 1-2 matches per week. The rest of the matches are covered by that teams regional TV partner. Of course if a team is on ESPN or NBC for a game then the regional broadcaster does not show the match as it is already covered on national TV. Next season I hope it is TEN Action +, News Time Bengla, and some Goa channel, then next season a Maharashtra channel and then NE channel etc.</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited April 2012
    <b style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0); ">This is what made me jealous today:</b><h2 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; "><b>New Changes in Thai Premier League 2012</b></h2><div><font size="2"><font face="Arial"><b>1. </b></font><font face="'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; ">Like over the last two years the TPL officially will be called "Sponsor Thai Premier League". To have his name    </span></font></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; ">    combined with the league, the manufacturer of the isotonic drink with name Sponsor is paying a good of<b> 70 </b></span></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><b>   million Baht (Rs 12 crore)</b> at least.</span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "> </span></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><br></span></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; ">2.  </span></font><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">Thailand's second division also has a name giver, Yamaha. Due to the sponsorship deal, the whole is called "Yamaha       League One". The contract was closed for three years and the Division One champion is guaranteed a prize        </font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">      money of <b>5 million Baht(Rs. 85 lakh ),</b> plus a friendly against Jubilo Iwata in Japan.</font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2"><br></font></span></div><div><font size="2"><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">3.<font color="#ff6666">  </font></font></span><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" style="background-color: rgb(255, 102, 102);"><span style="text-align: left; ">All 306 matches of the Thai Premier League will be broadcast live, primarily over the network of True vision.</span><span style="text-align: left; "> </span></font></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" style="background-color: rgb(255, 102, 102);" size="2"><span style="text-align: left; "><br></span></font></div><div><font size="2"><font face="'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">4. </span></font><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">Definitely a more positive affect on the game is expected by easier traveling of referees, since in the course of this </font></span></font></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">    week a deal was signed between the league, FA and Air Asia airline. Therefore, all Referees are allowed to travel free </font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">    of charge to games they are in charge, while using aforementioned carrier. The contract has a total value of 6 million </font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">    Baht. Already some clubs like Chonburi or Krabi have closed an agreement with the Airline too.</font></span></div>
    edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">5. </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">True even expands his reporting. Beside pre-reporting on games, a highlight show and replays. And for the first </font></span><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">     time there will be a "TPL News" show. The News are to be on air always Monday and Friday from 19:30 with </font></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">     Anchorman Theerayut Bannongsa. In addition, the number of the cameras will be raised in the stadium to 10 and   </font></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" size="2">     at</font></span><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; "> least once per month there should be a match on True HD.</span></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Wow!!! Superb changes!!! Most of the points are already discussed. But the last point of having TPL news caught my eye. The effect of media on general public is unimaginable. Having shown news on premier news or sports channel would have superb effect on the minds and this would pull lots of crowd. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Thai League is organised well but coming to fan following it is similar to I-League.This is something which AIFF has to learn instead of just promising every season.
  • the thai national team is itself very hard to beat, by these changes they might be in top 10 in coming years
    Whike I was reading about Thai league, one thing struck me. Till last year they allowed 7 foreigners in playing XI! Thats insane. And irrespective of that, their NT is doing quite well
  • somesh wrote:
    Whike I was reading about Thai league, one thing struck me. Till last year they allowed 7 foreigners in playing XI! Thats insane. And irrespective of that, their NT is doing quite well

<br><div><br></div><div>very interesting to know that, also look how many english people play in an EPL club.</div> :( 
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Thailand have it easier than India. They have more experience and a better federation that probably has more money, they can afford 7 foreigners.</font>