IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    SONY SIX is newly launched and has nothing to show. They might bid big for I-league. But giving the rights to them might be risky as they are not established, the same problem that Zee Sports had.<div><br></div><div>But next year onwards, the IPL might shift to SONY SIX. They would surely want India's top Cricket and Football league, both on the same platform. Also, given that they have highly popular channels like SONY and MAX and their proven track of doing blanket marketing, I would give thw I-league rights to them</div>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    SIX has got the rights of IPL,FA cup, NBA ,mixed martial arts - so no place for I league
    There is a lot of place UFC- No one's gonna watch<div>FA Cup timings are late at night.</div><div>By the time IPL season starts, I-League should be over ideally.</div><div>NBA is early morning show</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Sony has better market than that Zee ever had!!! <div>So giving I-league to Sony SIX would be good. Also, they have done a decent job till now in telecasting IPL. They have superb quality of pre and post match analysis (based on IPL and FA cup matches that I saw). Also, they promote games on their other channels too like IPL and FA cup on MAX, etc, so that people are aware of the schedules.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Does any one here get sony six channel??<div>because i dont get any and i use the cable tv set-top box which covers almost 90%of channels and if it is not available for most then there would be of no use to give the right to a channel which wont be watched for this obvious reason</div><div><br></div><div>but the positive point is that if public get to see the channel easily then it will be a better choice as they would promote their only big product the way we have never seen the league to be promoted and could get a huge raise in fan base as well</div>
    Ya thats a valid point. I would suggest if Sony gets the deal they should telecast it on Sony MAX this season and move both IPL and I-League to Sony SIX next season together
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    shankar wrote:
    Does any one here get sony six channel??<div>because i dont get any and i use the cable tv set-top box which covers almost 90%of channels and if it is not available for most then there would be of no use to give the right to a channel which wont be watched for this obvious reason</div><div><br></div><div>but the positive point is that if public get to see the channel easily then it will be a better choice as they would promote their only big product the way we have never seen the league to be promoted and could get a huge raise in fan base as well</div>
    same here. I've 226 channels but couldn't find sony six. Probably hasn't launched yet
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Sony Six was launched on 7th April... I was telling about other Sony Channels. Sony Six, is yet to go on floor full fledged. Current list of games are third rated games. Even FA Cup and other sports event are not transferred to Six yet May be that's why it is still not in demand to be present in set top box....
  • somesh wrote:
    When Zee launched NFL telecast, these are things they did:<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">1. Pre-match analysis</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">2. HT Analysis</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">3. Post Match Analysis</div><div>4. Weekly Program <b>Football Planet </b>focusing on a certain aspect of India Football</div><div>4. Daily Sports new program including Indian/ International sports</div><div>5. Daily Highlights and Replays</div><div>6. Special Interviews and Coverages</div><div>7. Cheergirls <b>Zeebra</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div> Even after all of these efforts, they failed. The reasons I think were following:</div><div><br></div><div>1. No efforts on behalf of AIFF</div><div>2. No efforts on football clubs' part</div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">3. Zee's ideas were thus ahead of time when the clubs and AIFF were not ready yet.</span></div><div>4. The quality of football was bad </div><div>5. Most of the matches were in the afternoon, 3pm kick-offs!</div><div>6. Zee had no other major football property and were thus not as popular as Ten Action is now</div><div><br></div><div>At this moment the scenario is much better and is about time to bring those changes back</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>perfect reason as I thought</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Sony Six is not yet out atleast on TATA SKY