IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    shankar wrote:
    SHIT...@archak you got me

lol mate......
    Great Minds Think Alike........ :-P
  • Okay, lets be realistic. Right now we are lucky to even have TEN Action and we dont even know whether we will have them next season. As for HD... forget about it. We all know the ratings for the TV matches, they are shit. Not even a pre-post match show would be good value for money. <div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; ">They should at least get a co-commentator. Just 1 guy wont do anything, we need an extra man.</div><div style="font-style: normal; "><br></div><div>Also I think (if TEN Action does not do this already) that TEN Action should create a 1-hour long show called <i>TEN Action Sunday Football</i> and for the first 45 minutes talk about the Premier League and all that (maybe some La Liga) and then have the last 15 minutes be about the I-League. Show 3 game highlights and while the Premier League and Euro footy talk is going on just advertise the I-League before they go to break. Example...</div><div><br></div><div>"And when we come back we will show you the highlights and Arsenal beat Everton 6-1 and then also stick around for later when we will show exclusive highlights from India's Premier Football League... the I-League"</div><div><br></div><div>Then maybe if after 1 season the last 15 minute viewers are good and high then maybe they can start a separate show for I-League. Be gradual, not all at once. I-League in India is still a very risky thing to be involved in and as long as Europe is spreading here it will continue to be.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Taking advantage of european football telecast is the best way...excellent idea @arsenal fan..<div>lets wish someone is reading your post</div>
  • Thanks mate. Got it from the US again where after the 11am Premier League match on Sunday there is a show called FOX SOCCER SUNDAY (to lazy to look up real name) and it is 2 hours long, 1 hour for Europe, 30 minutes for MLS and 30 minutes on Europe again.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">HD is too much to expect for I-League.What we need is</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">1) Pre Match Presentation</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) Half Time Talk</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) Post Match Talk</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) I-League show which should be done twice a week,one for the preview/Interview etc and other exclusively for highlights.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) Top 5 Goals of the week which should be shown every 3 hrs.</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    When Zee launched NFL telecast, these are things they did:<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">1. Pre-match analysis</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">2. HT Analysis</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">3. Post Match Analysis</div><div>4. Weekly Program <b>Football Planet </b>focusing on a certain aspect of India Football</div><div>4. Daily Sports new program including Indian/ International sports</div><div>5. Daily Highlights and Replays</div><div>6. Special Interviews and Coverages</div><div>7. Cheergirls <b>Zeebra</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div> Even after all of these efforts, they failed. The reasons I think were following:</div><div><br></div><div>1. No efforts on behalf of AIFF</div><div>2. No efforts on football clubs' part</div><div>3. Zee's ideas were thus ahead of time when the clubs and AIFF were not ready yet.</div><div>4. The quality of football was bad </div><div>5. Most of the matches were in the afternoon, 3pm kick-offs!</div><div>6. Zee had no other major football property and were thus not as popular as Ten Action is now</div><div><br></div><div>At this moment the scenario is much better and is about time to bring those changes back</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    also this time atleast few of the clubs seems to have understood importance of media and PR 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote:
    When Zee launched NFL telecast, these are things they did:<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">1. Pre-match analysis</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">2. HT Analysis</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">3. Post Match Analysis</div><div>4. Weekly Program <b>Football Planet </b>focusing on a certain aspect of India Football</div><div>4. Daily Sports new program including Indian/ International sports</div><div>5. Daily Highlights and Replays</div><div>6. Special Interviews and Coverages</div><div>7. Cheergirls <b>Zeebra</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div> Even after all of these efforts, they failed. The reasons I think were following:</div><div><br></div><div>1. No efforts on behalf of AIFF</div><div>2. No efforts on football clubs' part</div><div>3. Zee's ideas were thus ahead of time when the clubs and AIFF were not ready yet.</div><div>4. The quality of football was bad </div><div>5. Most of the matches were in the afternoon, 3pm kick-offs!</div><div>6. Zee had no other major football property and were thus not as popular as Ten Action is now</div><div><br></div><div>At this moment the scenario is much better and is about time to bring those changes back</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yea in present scenario both clubs and aiff are waking up and thinking about getting some commercial value to the product of i-league...and ten action is also one of hot property as far as football goes</div><div>so it will be great even if we get match analysis with weekly programme on indian football and top 3/5 goals will do good for the league</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    I don't know whether there's a collaboration between IMG and sony. But if it is, then they can go for the newly launched sports channel of sony. Right now it doesn't have any hot telecast property. They may put in little bit more efforts to promote indianfootball.