IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• Forget that. How would the still do promotion/relegation. <div><br></div><div>Overall to have the TOP TIER separated by 2 groups is silly. In India it would never work. Plus if all the teams will play each other than why not just keep it at a single-table. Dont copy directly from MLS or J.League or whatever but modify it to fit what the Indian audience wants.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited May 2012
    Seriously whatever happened to this meeting ! 
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    ashindia wrote: »

<br><br>apparently its expected  to be another month from last delayed date...<br>
  • silicon3 wrote: »

<br><br>apparently its expected  to be another month from last delayed date...<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>So... 20 May... 3 days from now.</div>
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    silicon3 wrote: »

well..the drums r
    still ailent frm d aiff img camp... for all v know even dis date might pass ...m keeping my fingera crossed...
  • silicon3 wrote: »
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    silicon3 wrote: »

well..the drums r
    still ailent frm d aiff img camp... for all v know even dis date might pass ...m keeping my fingera crossed...

<br><div><br></div><div>Well also for all we know the AIFF and I-League are keeping this meeting secret. Maybe conference video chat call in which they talk via a computer with AIFF in Delhi and I-League in Pune.</div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">any one read the latest update on the AIFF-IMG.. arunava article gives us enough hints of the action or ( non action  that is to follow)..</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><a href="http://arunfoot.blogspot.com/2012/05/interview-with-sunando-dhar-i-league.html">http://arunfoot.blogspot.com/2012/05/interview-with-sunando-dhar-i-league.html</a><br><br>;
    </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; ">" ..</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><b style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Also everyone is looking forward to the long awaited plans from IMG-Reliance. What do you as the league's CEO expect from the IMG-Reliance plans?</b><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">IMG-Reliance came on board little more then a year back and we have had some discussions in regard to making the I-League a bigger and a better property. We are awaiting the final plan from IMG-Reliance which would be discussed in the near future and once approved by the AIFF, we would take it to the clubs. One of the areas of concern as far as the I-League is concerned, has been with the League being restricted in few pockets only. Obviously one of the plans that we are working on is to see how we can expend the game and take it to different parts of the country and give it a more national feeling. It would not be right for me to say anything more at this point as IMGR as well as AIFF is working very closely on a master plan which would be shared with everyone at the earliest.</span>
    </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">.."</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; "> </span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">looks like there will not be any  upcomming announcement any time soon on how to resolve this standoff between AIFF & I-league clubs. the I-league  clubs are not goona sign on the AFC club criteria and now possibly DEMPO's chances for the AFC championshio play off (  ( if they  still have that chance as per AFC  criteria) will be hampered..</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Also if none of teh clubs sign what happen to the indian clubs participation, do they get banned or something or lose their spot?</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; "><span style="color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div>
  • I am sure the I-League clubs will stay for one more season.<div><br></div><div>If non sign then Dempo and only Dempo can play internationally and that would be in the third tier AFC Presidents Cup.</div>
    I am sure the I-League clubs will stay for one more season.<div><br></div><div>If non sign then Dempo and only Dempo can play internationally and that would be in the third tier AFC Presidents Cup.</div>

<br><br>what the latest then..Dempo playing in AFC Challenge or AFC Presidents cup...<br><br><br>
  • AFC Cup it seems. The decision shall be made in November.