IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">SONY SIX would be a good idea but first lets look at this...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">1) Would they really take a league that has shit TV ratings?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) Would they really spend the money on a pre-match and post-match show and a full time show?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) How would SONY SIX broadcast football, we dont know what the picture would be or what the scoreboard would look like?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">4) How would they advertise I-League... would they advertise us at all?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think in the current scenario of the I-League and how shitty it is in terms of popularity I think IMG (and AIFF) and TEN Action sit down and negotiate a deal for next season BUT with a few restrictions that would suit both the I-League and the money TEN Action would have to spend...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) 7:30 pm matches</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) 2-3 matches a week</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Matches confirmed and on schedule 2 months in advance (schedule should be seen on TEN Action website)</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) A second commentator</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) Suggest the FOOTBALL SUNDAY TV idea in which 2 presenters talk about Europe for 45 minutes (while mentioning I-League) and then for the last 15 minutes talk about I-League.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also after that if AIFF and IMG wants they could talk to SONY about them showing 1 game a week so that the I-League would have 2 TV partners which is what I think the BCCI will do soon with IPL. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also IMG should talk to News Time Bangla and some Goan channel to broadcast all Bengal and Goa matches of all there teams (home and away) and maybe we can start the regional channels and eventually have a lot more games on TV. (Regional Channels are also cheaper than National)</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also IMG should tie down TEN Action, SONY (maybe), News Time and the Goan channel to a 3-year deal with a 5-year extension option.</font></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    In India giving rights to two TV channels is risky. It would create more problems than solutions for AIFF and league. It is best to have single TV partner. Be it Ten Action or Sony Six, it does not matter.<div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Meanwhile, I was reading somewhere Ten sports/action is running at a loss, may be that is the reason they have not allocated two commentators. To some extent this is because, Ten sports dont have substantial cricket contract which is mainly viewed in South Asia (</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Even many of them would not like it but</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; "> cricket is mainly sold in India, TILL NOW.....)</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">. The cricket contact they have is only limited to WI tour and Pak tour. </span></div>
  • Well maybe TEN Action + is losing money because they are showing I-League, spending money on it and not getting any viewers or improvement in return?<div><br></div><div>Also if you are saying that 2 channels is risky then why do we all think that a pre-post match show is risky? We all know the ratings.</div><div><br></div><div>EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH I-LEAGUE IS RISKY!!! That is what I am trying to say. We dont even know if TEN Action will want the I-League rights for next season yet!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What's the point of showing all the matches live or showing post and pre match analysis if no one watches them? and only gets score updates from facebook group? Even two weeks back I was asked the jersey colour of the arrows team against Churchill!!! (From not a newbie)....so its no point really..no one wants to watch the quality of the game..even the two ppl i took with me to watch HAL (in 2 seasons!), never returned and i have spotted both of them (2 different games) YAWN during the match!!!! Also laugh at the moves and mistake and also mention that the level of the game is comparable to a village/school game!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Even some guys in my inst. who said its a sin that there's no telecast and how will our football ever improve, never saw a single match, although I intimate them often when hyped matches are coming....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Ten sports wont make more shows for few thousands, will they? Will u, if u were incharge?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">also futile to compare with WSH (whatever it is!!!) and IPL... as both dont have competition.... on the other hand Football has huge competition, Indians have ample oppurtunity to watch EPL, La-Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A...and even sometimes Brazilian football and scottish league and dutch league!!!</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Here's a challenge, watch a EPL game (any match will do) followed by a 3.30 pm I League game (dont watch expectional matches like Kolkata/Goa derby or EB/MB vs Dempo type games)</font></div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    rudra wrote:
    What's the point of showing all the matches live or showing post and pre match analysis if no one watches them? and only gets score updates from facebook group? Even two weeks back I was asked the jersey colour of the arrows team against Churchill!!! (From not a newbie)....so its no point really..no one wants to watch the quality of the game..even the two ppl i took with me to watch HAL (in 2 seasons!), never returned and i have spotted both of them (2 different games) YAWN during the match!!!! Also laugh at the moves and mistake and also mention that the level of the game is comparable to a village/school game!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Even some guys in my inst. who said its a sin that there's no telecast and how will our football ever improve, never saw a single match, although I intimate them often when hyped matches are coming....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Ten sports wont make more shows for few thousands, will they? Will u, if u were incharge?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">also futile to compare with WSH (whatever it is!!!) and IPL... as both dont have competition.... on the other hand Football has huge competition, Indians have ample oppurtunity to watch EPL, La-Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A...and even sometimes Brazilian football and scottish league and dutch league!!!</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Here's a challenge, watch a EPL game (any match will do) followed by a 3.30 pm I League game (dont watch expectional matches like Kolkata/Goa derby or EB/MB vs Dempo type games)</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I never had a chance to do the thing where you watch an EPL game then I-League game but I did watch the Champions League Final last season and then straight away watched the MLS match and not even the 30,000 people at the game and Thierry Henry made the match look interesting. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And you are 100% right... seriously if any of use were a TEN Action executive would you spend that money on a pre-post match show that never gets ratings, even if you loved I-League you would still say no. The amount of money you would lose and then have to go to sponsors where that corporation will ask for a direct head on meeting. Sure they may like the game and all that but can it sell. What money have we made? How can we wow them?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">People even on here say that investors will just come in if we can improve on field first and show them a packed NE game but reality that wont happen. We hear it from the owners, we heard it from Mahindra and JCT and heard from TV ratings that money wont ever be returned in this league and East Bengal, Mohun Bagan and Prayag United spending by the crores wont change things. The risk of even investing in a league like I-League is so high. Not to mention the risk of a 2nd Division team, that is why USFC lost there sponsors and even now they are in the I-League but only have 1 major sponsor. Baichung can run strings but will that help. Maybe just USFC but that is it. We hear how much Shivrans Dempo is putting into the club. He said that he wont spend much and will use youth and will change the name... do we all think the reason for that was for 100% love of football. NO! He saw that the Dempo Youth was good and cheaper to pay than the inflation of other players so he went the youth direction and will no hope for life that Dempo do well again. Same with the name change. He needs to attract the casual fan, just 9,000 fans is not enough to support a team in India. The real fan will come, no matter of name but the casual fan needs to feel like the team represents there city pride and in Goa where they have 4 teams it is hard to convince the fan to take your club over the other 3. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also like Rudra said. Look at what we are against. This is multi-sport India!!! Not Malaysia, Vietnam or Thailand were football is almost as popular as there other sports. Domestic Indian football is behind IPL, WSH, EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, and others. We have so much more competition than those other Asian countries. We cant be compared.</font></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Off the field Indian football is still in a very, very dark age and that will always translate on it.</span></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Few days back there was a question on the forum somewhere which is more required? Infrastructure or quality of football. Now, I want to ask same question again. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is quite evident that quality is utmost requirement. But to gather attention of mass people, India needs to gain some kind of achievement/milestone. Be a Indian player (not PIO) playing in top leagues, be Indian club winning AFC level cup, be hosting world level football competition (like U-17 world, club world cup) or be hosting EPL clubs summer training regularly. Till then causal fans wont look this side and spent their so called precious time and money on football. But once the focus is there, it is upto AIFF, players, clubs, and all stake holders in Indian football to maintain the quality of play. Later everything will follow on its way.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Few years back, India had a Golden chance to popularizing football, when NT qualified for Asia Cup. But, incapability of AIFF and dirty politics of officials ensured, focus is lost from football again. Results would really pull the passion back. No causal fans will follow a sport or any entertainment for that matter, which losses consistently.  </font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    reddevil87 wrote:
    Few days back there was a question on the forum somewhere which is more required? Infrastructure or quality of football. Now, I want to ask same question again. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is quite evident that quality is utmost requirement. But to gather attention of mass people, India needs to gain some kind of achievement/milestone. Be a Indian player (not PIO) playing in top leagues, be Indian club winning AFC level cup, be hosting world level football competition (like U-17 world, club world cup) or be hosting EPL clubs summer training regularly. Till then causal fans wont look this side and spent their so called precious time and money on football. But once the focus is there, it is upto AIFF, players, clubs, and all stake holders in Indian football to maintain the quality of play. Later everything will follow on its way.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Few years back, India had a Golden chance to popularizing football, when NT qualified for Asia Cup. But, incapability of AIFF and dirty politics of officials ensured, focus is lost from football again. Results would really pull the passion back. No causal fans will follow a sport or any entertainment for that matter, which losses consistently.  </font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Plus what investor will put money into Indian football. We can have a league full of Messi's and investors still wont come because why invest in our league when they can make money in another league.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">RedDevil is right. We should have taken the AFC Asian Cup as the opportunity but instead we lost our TV deal with Zee Sports, started the league season too late and we waited to late to decide to revamp the league. Overall if an investor looks at the AIFF sense 1996 it would not be a good time.</font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    apparently IMG still need time... but how can AIFF n IMG be so unprofessional to not even communicate that the date will have to be extended...clubs r not passing due to the non communication<br>
  • silicon3 wrote:
    apparently IMG still need time... but how can AIFF n IMG be so unprofessional to not even communicate that the date will have to be extended...clubs r not passing due to the non communication<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>They have to talk eventually but the clubs should know also that this is sports. Things like this take huge time but I do agree that the clubs should be spoken to more.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    silicon3 wrote:
    apparently IMG still need time... but how can AIFF n IMG be so unprofessional to not even communicate that the date will have to be extended...clubs r not passing due to the non communication<BR>
    <BR>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>They have to talk eventually but the clubs should know also that this is sports. Things like this take huge time but I do agree that the clubs should be spoken to more.</DIV>
    <P>
    </P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>Man its very dissapointing that the national football body of india will not communicate with their clubs . a one line statement would have suffice!!</P>