IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Guys any news on this?...seems AIFF , IMG are relaxing... I-league Clubs probably have shown their displeasure by not attending the recent AFC meeting which AIFF conveniently manged to fob off saying clubs genuinely could not make it...<br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    silicon3 wrote:
    Guys any news on this?...seems AIFF , IMG are relaxing... I-league Clubs probably have shown their displeasure by not attending the recent AFC meeting which AIFF conveniently manged to fob off saying clubs genuinely could not make it...</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Agree now its almost May 2nd Week nothing coming out from AIFF or IMG,more than us the clubs officials must be full of steam.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">With all these sky rocket transfers rumors going on it is only getting worse. </font></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I think asked for 1 month more to come with a complete lay out before the clubs..<div>so the desired date would be around end of may i suppose or might be start of june..</div><div><br></div><div>It is not about the delay but we wanna see some positives which could show us the changes in indian football which would bring support to league from fans and corporates than the regular non-influential changes they bring usually</div>
    shankar wrote:
    I think asked for 1 month more to come with a complete lay out before the clubs..<div>so the desired date would be around end of may i suppose or might be start of june..</div><div><br></div><div>It is not about the delay but we wanna see some positives which could show us the changes in indian football which would bring support to league from fans and corporates than the regular non-influential changes they bring usually</div>

<br><br>There better more far more positives then negatives ..else it will be 2 steps forward and 4 steps backward..<br>
    Man it will be so exciting to see a competitve league under flood lights, with crowds cheering the team and the local talents, live match telecasts, lush green grounds!!!..
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    silicon3 wrote:
    Man it will be so exciting to see a competitve league under flood lights, with crowds cheering the team and the local talents, live match telecasts, lush green grounds!!!..

<br><div>sigh!</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    they shouldn't change the current format of home n away basis matches. I've been hearing a lot about grouping will come into Ileague. Personally I'm not in favour of that
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    imsourav wrote:
    they shouldn't change the current format of home n away basis matches. I've been hearing a lot about grouping will come into Ileague. Personally I'm not in favour of that

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Agree. When I said I want them to do an MLS style league I meant a modified one to fit the Indian audience.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Instead the AIFF and IMG just probably did a quick wikipedia search and saw that MLS does 2 conferences and sense they dont read, they thought that teams in MLS on play within there conference which is not true.</font></div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    imsourav wrote:

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Agree. When I said I want them to do an MLS style league I meant a modified one to fit the Indian audience.</font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Instead the AIFF and IMG just probably did a quick wikipedia search and saw that MLS does 2 conferences and sense they dont read, they thought that teams in MLS on play within there conference which is not true.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If you divide teams into 2 groups of 8 teams then how games will each team be playing ??? Okay say its H/A it will come down to 14 only ?? After that what ? Will their be any relegation group ? If there is then travel expense too will go up.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think AIFF have to just go ahead with 16 teams with the regular format,they can approach the MLS style when teams are 18-20. </font></div>