I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@gaffertape - I think they might have been watching EPL games, which I guess were going on at the same time :P

• > rudra said:
    > @gaffertape - I think they might have been watching EPL games, which I guess were going on at the same time :P

Unless they were Norwich City or Sunderland fans then I am baffled at what EPL match they were watching. 

Anyway... quote from the report "as Odafa rode a couple of challenges, before unleashing a shot, which took a deflection off Chika Wali and left Abhra Mondal wrong-footed"... It took more than a deflection. It was literally Wali shooting in the net, just from a weird stance.

And of course he was very good at avoiding the accident from the goal. Hell he does not even mention the yellow card. 

But also the I-League report... http://i-league.org/?p=3339 What shit journalism by the two websites that the majority of Indian football looks at. IFN should start doing more reports... or Hard Tackle. At least both of these places are reliable. Even Barefoot is good.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

well these guys also update their fb with EPL reports, so maybe Norwich vs Sunderland game was being followed...or else just relaxing a bit. Weekend after all :)

• He already has experience in India with Hindustan FC and an academy in Assam. Seems like a good signing. Lets see how he effects the team... can we see a few Spanish players join I-League.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

> Joyptan
    > Two goan clubs scg & salgaocar r in a very bad position. They have scored only 8 & 7 goals respectebly. Air india,ongc,urfc have scored more goals than them. They need to do star scoring & quick. Ane air india they have 7 points with a game less played. There is hope they wont go down.

If Salgaocar go deep into the matter, they will find out that KARIM got kickbacks from Rooney, Angel and Quinton for signing them. Thats why "NEVER EVER GIVE THE COACH A FREE HAND IN INDIA". Even outsiders become corrupt when they come to India. For eg. Rooney got a contract of say 50 lakh and he gives Karim 10 lakhs. That makes Karim richer by 30 lakhs doing nothing. Great deal I would say. And to top it all, then he leaves the club for a greater deal.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

He's more like Ashok Singh's coach now , and maybe Samananda & Boboi's coach too ...

Sporting Club de Goa were a much better team 2yrs ago (2nd division) when Alex Alvares was in sole charge

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    edited December 2012

> gaffertape said:
    > He's more like Ashok Singh's coach now , and maybe Samananda & Boboi's coach too ...
    >
    > Sporting Club de Goa were a much better team 2yrs ago (2nd division) when Alex Alvares was in sole charge

Add Rojen,Bisheswor and Pritam too

Sporting Club De Manipur  :P

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

10 Managerial changes in the I-League since the end of last season !!!

The ONLY club to have improve due to this is PAILAN ARROWS, comfortable in the top half of the table.

If Indian U-23 team can hold 6th or 7th place in the table then what is the point of teams from 8-14 employing any foreign players ? 
    SCdeGoa's excuse that they were missing foreign players , holds no weight. They signed some unknown Nigerian...for what ? 

Looking at Mohun Bagan game, Stanley & Aniche are OK for 2nd Division...but a club like MB who spend almost 5 Crores on Tolgay & Odfae, sign these 2 journeymen !! please.. 

About time AIFF insists on the quality of foreign players ( experience for heir National teams ) or played in League that is ranked in FIFA top 30 in the world.... enough of these 2nd rate foreign players