Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• Bayern has released 3 episodes of their world squad u19 series. In third episode it shows 15 player squad but that doesn't have Subho Paul. So what happened , was he actually part of selected 15?

giridharanmunna219777ashindia
  • Watching the documentary Subho probably might have missed a life time opportunity due to covid
    giridharan
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    He definitely missed it. he was playing in Durand cup
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    edited September 2021
    Anyone knows the status of RFYC nowadays? Apart from Nemil, are there any other promising graduates moving from there to other clubs? I remember a kid named Mustaque Ahmed Laskar scoring goals for fun a few years ago, wonder where he is now..
    Along with Nemil, Huidrom Thoi Singh was another top rated player of the RFYC batch. Signed for Bengaluru and is currently playing in the Durand Cup too. Scored two goals against Indian Navy.

https://khelnow.com/football/isl-2020-21-bengaluru-fc-sign-huidrom-thoi-singh
    munna219777Carbon_14NagendraRonnyindian_goonergoalkeepar
  • The Bayern u19 world squad was an excellent experience for the candidates selected and ut was no fluke either. They drew with Bayern u19 main team 1-1. This makes me hope Subho Paul who unfortunately could not join this team due to covid 19 is no fluke either and if given proper direction and top level coaching can become similar professional.

EastBengalPridegaffertape
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Well he didnt get that training! And that sort of training is not replicable in India, we simply dont have that kind of youth coaching talent in our ranks. 
    souravindia
  • He has that training and that's why he got selected. I don't think there's anything to laugh here. He has already shown in merits in age group and based on his skills only they got selected. Why I said its not a fluke is because of all the other players who have got selected have shown solar merits and played really well. In bengali we say - johurira hira chene. That's what's happened here for all these players.
    EastBengalPridegaffertape
  • I hope you see all the episodes instead of just laughing away. They are keeping the world u19 squad and those who didn't do well has been told so.  Getting constant inputs from such high profile professionals in itself is a great thing which will help them in their career. Its not a question of only getting into bayern, its getting recognition and these players already have it now, being on youtube from bayern which is being followed world wide. So continue to put your lols but some of these players you will come to know yourself in a few years.
    Carbon_14
  • You can also scroll to the last part where Jose Daniel is already invited to train with Bayerns first team. This training stint was a bit different than the normal usual ones we see in that Through Bayern its trying to give some traction to their professional careers. 
    Carbon_14
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    @souravindia Do you know why he didn't continue with them and came back to Sudeva?