India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    shankar wrote:
    Vikas is a good boxer and will surely be one prospect..i missed out on him..<div><br></div><div>About shiva thapa he is bit young and experience is not in his side ...so dont know how will he do it in main round</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

I saw Shiva Thapa and Sumit sangwan's fight in youtube and both of them were very good.<br>New addition to the list<br><br>Badminton:P Kashyap.(not a medal prospect though)<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    dip_anj wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    Vikas is a good boxer and will surely be one prospect..i missed out on him..<div><br></div><div>About shiva thapa he is bit young and experience is not in his side ...so dont know how will he do it in main round</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

I saw Shiva Thapa and Sumit sangwan's fight in youtube and both of them were very good.<br>New addition to the list<br><br>Badminton:P Kashyap.(not a medal prospect though)<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yea both thapa and sumit had a good fight...but i feel it will be too much to ask for a medal from those young guys..</div><div><br></div><div>and yea kashyap could at most reach quarters but excellent player got good smash and foot work</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    We have Sushil Singh in Wrestling he was injured for long periods hope he does well and regains his form.
    ashindia wrote:
    We have Sushil Singh in Wrestling he was injured for long periods hope he does well and regains his form.

<br><div><br></div><div>yea he will be expected to get a medal..</div><div>but do expect a medal from yogeshwar dutta as he was the most renowned name in wrestling circuit in india till sushil won the medal last olympics..</div>
    <span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Indian pair of Manjeet Singh and Sandeep Kumar have qualified for London 2012 at Asian Qualification tournament for Rowing.They won the bronze medal in the men's doubles sculls and hence qualified for the Olympics,</span><div><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">yesterday in men's single sculls Swaran Singh has already qualified for the olympics.</span></div><div><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">This year we gonna get most no of representation from india....</span></div> \:D/
  • ashindia wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>He has given up football. About time.</div>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>No this guy is former wrestling world champion who failed to defend the title this time...</div><div>not like our influnetial striker who got such a great contacts(or should it be talent??? <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">:O just kidding</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">)</span></div><br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div> :-))
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    <P>Medal prospects for India </P>
    <P>1) Boxing- Mary Kom (Boxing-women) 5 times world champion but this time she will compete in 51 kg instead of 48 kg. Recently defeated Ray Cancan of China easily (WC in 51 kg and she defeated Mary in Asian games that was also in 51 KG).In my opinion Magnificent Mary is the favourite for the gold medal. Among male boxers Shiva Thapa, Vikash Kishan or L Devendra Singh can surprise everyone. Vijendra Singh is not in great form though manage to qualify. A particular Cuban boxer is becoming his nemesis very often. Hope he will get an easy draw for Olympic. But my hope is mainly in lower weight categoris, names already mentioned.</P>
    <P>2)Archery- Deepika Kumari and women's recurve team - doing well recently.</P>
    <P>3)Shooting- There are many names and expecting few medals.</P>
    <P>4) Hockey- The Australian coach has totally converted the team. I have never seen Indians playing so fast and so agressively. A bronze they can surely win. (Gold is booked for Australia)</P>
    <P>5)Badminton- Hope Saina will not meet any top Chinese player before semi-final. She can beat anyone else quite easily.</P>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Thanks @sabir. I wanted at least one person apart frm me who feels Indian hockey can win a bronze dis time. Last night in a test event match we lost to No.1 Aussies by just 3-0
    Thats a gr8 result n we r not playin our full strngth and tactics.