AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• trojantrojan 371 Points
    ^^^ china has a good youth set up. so expect china u16 to be good.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    I would expect Syria to be also good they have qualified from a not so easy group..while china have had it relatively easier..<br>
  • I think a win over Syria is almost expected. Draw against China and Uzbekistan.
  • RonnyRonny 10482 Points
    A win over Syria would be like a big improvement for us..right now it seems highly unlikely given Syria's strong youth performances<br>
  • Ronny wrote: »
    A win over Syria would be like a big improvement for us..right now it seems highly unlikely given Syria's strong youth performances<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Still have confidence. These batch of u16 kids got some of the finest training in the AFC U16 Championship. They will do fine.</div>
    Ronny wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Still have confidence. These batch of u16 kids got some of the finest training in the AFC U16 Championship. They will do fine.</div>

<br><br>The Chinese are really tall and muscular i seen the China vs  N korea match on you tube.i  think Syria would be on similar level, also the arab teams by nature are physical and aggressive.. i no our indian colts must have also worked on their physique and tactics in goa. If the U22 are any indications then U 16 will do well. maybe Rob Bann and his team will also be giving their inputs.<br><br>I just hope India U16 plays a friendly match against a Arab or Asian U16 team ..it will be a good indicator of our preparedness and where we stand.<br>
  • silicon3 wrote: »

<br><br>The Chinese are really tall and muscular i seen the China vs  N korea match on you tube.i  think Syria would be on similar level, also the arab teams by nature are physical and aggressive.. i no our indian colts must have also worked on their physique and tactics in goa. If the U22 are any indications then U 16 will do well. maybe Rob Bann and his team will also be giving their inputs.<br><br>I just hope India U16 plays a friendly match against a Arab or Asian U16 team ..it will be a good indicator of our preparedness and where we stand.<br>
     <br><div><br></div><div>I dont know about Goa but there work in the United States has brought them to this moment. I am confident they can deliver.</div>
    I think a win over Syria is almost expected. Draw against China and Uzbekistan.

<br><br>If i am not mistaken Uzbekistam were losing finalists at the last edition, so they will be tough to beat as uzbekistan has been in the news these years for their footballing success, at best i hope for a draw.. <br><br>Syria possibile win or draw .<br>China possible draw or loss. China has a top 70 fifa  ranking so i wd expect them to be good. <br><br>So possibly  1 win , 1 draw , 1  loss -  4 points  it may not be enuf to go through d next round.. Wat ever happens i am sure this  team will make us proud. We have only been hearing good things, Also AIFF having concluded this week long coaching , i am sure d U16 tactics and strategies have been worked on..I am waiting so eagerly to see them play...<br>
  • RonnyRonny 10482 Points
    Chinese team set for some really good practice before the U-16 finals..they are playing a 4 nation tournament in Saudi Arabia from 3rd August that also features Morocco and Australia..The Aussie U-16 team has players who play for EPL youth teams!!!<br>Kevin Ly (Burnley), George Mells (Southampton), Ross Millard, Taylor
    Tombides (both West Ham United), Conor O'Neill (Middlesbrough) and Hyuga
    Tanner (Blackburn Rovers) have been selected for the Saudi Arabia U16
    International Friendly tournament which will be played in Taif from
    August 3 to 7, with the remainder of the squad drawn from the AIS, State
    Institutes and Premier Youth League clubs.<br><br>China's performance here wud give us an idea if we wud actually be able to get a result against them :)<br>
    Chinese team set for some really good practice before the U-16 finals..they are playing a 4 nation tournament in Saudi Arabia from 3rd August that also features Morocco and Australia..The Aussie U-16 team has players who play for EPL youth teams!!!<br>Kevin Ly (Burnley), George Mells (Southampton), Ross Millard, Taylor
    Tombides (both West Ham United), Conor O'Neill (Middlesbrough) and Hyuga
    Tanner (Blackburn Rovers) have been selected for the Saudi Arabia U16
    International Friendly tournament which will be played in Taif from
    August 3 to 7, with the remainder of the squad drawn from the AIS, State
    Institutes and Premier Youth League clubs.<br><br>China's performance here wud give us an idea if we wud actually be able to get a result against them :)<br>

<br><br>i feverntly hope that our U16's get some tough match practise....Maybe play against India U22 or something if foreign teams cannnot be arranged<br>