United SC News

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> projenator said:
    > CARLOS HERNANDEZ given his shooting, passing and position sense displayed in the first half against BNR has the potential of giving opponents a few sleepless nights. He is only 60% fit as of now, reflexes pretty poor, somewhat sluggish but hats off to his shooting, one touch passing and positioning. Another issue is Indian players like James etc. are not being able to guess his passes and therefore not taking position once they loose the ball to receive passes, this misunderstanding issue will hopefully be solved as they play more. Sanjay sen replaced james with vineet because he was failing to read Hernandez's pass time and again, slow to get off the blocks, same happened with deepak a few times.

currently prayag is leading 1-0, thanks to an excellent strike by carlos from 35 yards away.

Hopefully we get to see 100% fit carlos as that will wake the clubs up from lavishly over-spending money on players like odafe or ranti when they could get much better player on similar or slightly better price...(no disrespect to nigerian forwards) 
  • From the video proj gave it looked like Hernandez has lost weight. He looked big when he arrived. True professional.

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

Glossary of Terms

FMps means Forced mispass, wherein the player had to mispass under pressure, primarily from opponent players

UFMps means Unforced mispass wherein the player mispassed under no
    pressure whatsoever. This number is very crucial towards understanding
    player performance, more so if the team formation is predominantly
    passing game keeping ball on the ground.
    WPMps means mispass due to wrong positioning of destination(pass expecting) player, rarely happens
    TBSFail means Tackling/Blocking/
    Snatching
    not attempted/failed, gives an estimate as to how a player is faring in
    defensive duties, how easily is he allowing the opponent's piercing
    runs towards the goalmouth. Understandably players in offence will have
    relatively smaller numbers compared to players with defensive duties.
    TBSSucc means successful TBS Attempt.
    SHAtmpt means Shooting/heading attempts
    SHSucc means successful SHAtmpt

<style>
        <!-- 
        BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small }
         -->
    </style>

This is an attempt, not 100% accurate but definitely a fair representation.
    If folks are surprised by Vineet's  UFMps number, it's due to the aimless long crosses he kept on repeating from the right flank, either comfortably cleared by opponent or floating over the bar. For a team predominantly playing a passing game, if a long ball goes out or to an opponent defender, I note it as an unforced mispass in my stat diary.

<style>
        <!-- 
        BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small }
         -->
    </style>

<style>
        <!-- 
         -->
    </style>

<style>
        <!-- 
         -->
    </style>

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > From the video proj gave it looked like Hernandez has lost weight. He looked big when he arrived. True professional.

He is only 60% fit max as of today. He was pretty sluggish and had difficulties with pace although he used his broad frame to shield pretty well. What was amazing was his football SKILL and SENSE, not a single time did he shoot or pass wide way off the mark. His shots were all within the bar frame, either the goalie had to dive full length to ward it or it hit the bar, but none floating over the bar or rolling yards away from the post.

Some of his one touch passes were so quick and directed to empty spaces that Indian players like James, Dipak had no clue that they were expected to be in such a position in anticipation of a pass, most of the times they appeared slow to start off the blocks, no wonder I had to note them as Carlos's unforced mispasses. I could have noted them as mispasses due to wrong position of player but that would be too much to expect from an Indian player.

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points
    If folks are surprised by Vineet's  UFMps number, it's due to the aimless long crosses he kept on repeating from the right flank, either comfortably cleared by opponent or floating over the bar. For a team predominantly playing a passing game, if a long ball goes out or to an opponent defender, I note it as an unforced mispass in my stat diary.

So, vineeth stands no chance to play in first eleven for Prayag ?

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> jees_jose said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If folks are surprised > by Vineet's  UFMps number, it's due to the aimless long crosses he kept > on repeating from the right flank, either comfortably cleared by > opponent or floating over the bar. For a team predominantly playing a > passing game, if a long ball goes out or to an opponent defender, I note > it as an unforced mispass in my stat diary.

>
    >

He was anyways used as a sub..and I think he will be in future too...he certainly can improve..coming as a sub regularly is not bad

> jees_jose said: > >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If folks are surprised > by Vineet's  UFMps number, it's due to the aimless long crosses he kept > on repeating from the right flank, either comfortably cleared by > opponent or floating over the bar. For a team predominantly playing a > passing game, if a long ball goes out or to an opponent defender, I note > it as an unforced mispass in my stat diary.

> >

He was anyways used as a sub..and I think he will be in future too...he certainly can improve..coming as a sub regularly is not bad

No, for CUK , he used to start either as a right winger or a striker . He was in the starting eleven for chirag kerala atleast for 20 games, I am sure.
  • > projenator said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > From the video proj gave it looked like Hernandez has lost weight. He looked big when he arrived. True professional.
    >
    >

He is only 60% fit max as of today. He was pretty sluggish and had difficulties with pace although he used his broad frame to shield pretty well. What was amazing was his football SKILL and SENSE, not a single time did he shoot or pass wide way off the mark. His shots were all within the bar frame, either the goalie had to dive full length to ward it or it hit the bar, but none floating over the bar or rolling yards away from the post.

Some of his one touch passes were so quick and directed to empty spaces that Indian players like James, Dipak had no clue that they were expected to be in such a position in anticipation of a pass, most of the times they appeared slow to start off the blocks, no wonder I had to note them as Carlos's unforced mispasses. I could have noted them as mispasses due to wrong position of player but that would be too much to expect from an Indian player.

Expected. New country, new surroundings, player quality not where he usually plays. Plus he is on the old side. Its only pre-season so I think he will be just about ready for when the I-League begins. Good that he and Ranti got off to a good foot today and I am happy that Vineeth got on the field as well. 
  • > jees_jose said:
    >

>

> jees_jose said: > > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >

> >
    If folks are surprised > > by Vineet's  UFMps number, it's due to the aimless long crosses he kept > > on repeating from the right flank, either comfortably cleared by > > opponent or floating over the bar. For a team predominantly playing a > > passing game, if a long ball goes out or to an opponent defender, I note > > it as an unforced mispass in my stat diary.
    > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >
    He was anyways used as a sub..and I think he will be in future > too...he certainly can improve..coming as a sub regularly is not bad

No, for CUK , he used to start either as a right winger or a striker . He was in the starting eleven for chirag kerala atleast for 20 games, I am sure.
    >

He is going from small Chirag Kerala to a now huge club like Prayag United. Being on the bench is not bad. I do hope he eventually challenges and make the starting XI. Definitely by the end of the season.

He is going
    from small Chirag Kerala to a now huge club like Prayag United. Being
    on the bench is not bad. I do hope he eventually challenges and make the
    starting XI. Definitely by the end of the season.

Realistic. But he can be a very deadly sub for sure.