Expansion Suggestions in the I-League

Comments

• munna21977 wrote: »
    Priorities are wrong. If you look at ten action schedule<br>http://www.tenaction.com/schedule/<br><br>French ligue match is at 8:30 PM which noone watch. but East Bengal vs Sporting Clube de Goa game is at 3:30 PM ONGC and Pune FC will have to slog at 3:30 PM. Both have stadiums which have floodlights still. Only Lajong is utilising lights.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well then you have to ask why we put up with TEN Action. No money, no proper timing of matches. It is a disgrace. They even have an MLS match on replay at 5:30 which would have been a little better than 3:30.</div><div><br></div><div>Also why not on TEN Sports. At 8:30 pm they are showing WWE highlights!!! At 6:30 pm it is a replay of South Africa vs. Pakistan in a T20.</div><div><br></div><div>If the I-League can not beat that then what can we say?</div>
  • May be they dont want to disturb IPL which starts by 4 PM . <br> :P<br>it is really amazing that Ten Action cannot switch the time slots as now floodlights are available at most venues-Pune, Vasoc-Goa,  Shillong, Calcutta.    still what I see is Kalyani Stadium at 3:30 PM on ten Action.<br>Now this is happening because of 3 reasons:-<br><br>1)IMG-Reliance /  AIFF cannot understand the problem.<br>2)They dont care.<br>3)They dont want to do it.<br><br>Any of these 3 reasons can be valid and thats not good.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2 and 3 easily. After millions of huge injuries and even deaths at the hands of early scheduled games the AIFF (and IMG-Reliance especially) should know that playing in this heat is horrid and fatal.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think they just don't care enough. TEN Action probably has the most control over the timings of the games and it is the AIFF's job as the organization running the league to stop TEN Action and get matches back to reasonable times.</font></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    its not about ten action showing i-leauge match at 3;30...<div><br></div><div>but if we were to show matches at that time... we should have preferred ESPN-Star group as it would have given more exposure to the league with the help of EPL</div><div><br></div><div>and we all know they are the best in sports channel in india..</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    its not about ten action showing i-leauge match at 3;30...<div><br></div><div>but if we were to show matches at that time... we should have preferred ESPN-Star group as it would have given more exposure to the league with the help of EPL</div><div><br></div><div>and we all know they are the best in sports channel in india..</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Sadly ESPN will never take I-League on. Plus I think we are strapped onto TEN Action for 2 more seasons so... yay I guess.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Sadly ESPN will never take I-League on. Plus I think we are strapped onto TEN Action for 2 more seasons so... yay I guess.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>yea 2 more seasons we have to manage with those guys but hopefully corporate teams would ask for more from AIFF to give better exposure on TV</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">True. Obviously they will want better coverage if they do actually pour money into their team but I also look at this as our window of opportunity. Its 2 years. So basically we have 2 years (or 2 seasons) to increase the quality of the league while also making it look more good and then hopefully we can get a better TV deal... one which involves TV money distributed to the teams as well.</font><div><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Whether the AIFF will do this though is beyond me. Based on what gaffertape said I think they are more concerned about their U17 World Cup 2017 bid than actually improving the I-League.</font></div>
  • <p>Why AIFF is not thinking to implement Super i-League with only new Co-orperate Teams?</p><p>I believe there will be minimum 6 teams available......if these 6 teams build a stadium in 4 years, then we can have U-17 World Cup in India itself.</p><p>Even ESPN can telecast it.....</p>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font><p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Why AIFF is not thinking to implement Super i-League with only new Co-orperate Teams?</p><p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I believe there will be minimum 6 teams available......if these 6 teams build a stadium in 4 years, then we can have U-17 World Cup in India itself.</p><p style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Even ESPN can telecast it.....</p><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">To replace the I-League or to be a separate tournament that occurs during the I-League break? IMG-Reliance already said that a "Super I-League" will begin in 2014 (January) while they also said that replacing the I-League with something else was impossible for legal reasons (something like that, it was out of their power definitely).</font></div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Also FIFA were very much against replacing a "year long" League with a short tournament , as this will kill Indian football.<div><br></div><div>Also the Super League of only corporate teams isn't easy , who will play in it ? only foreigners ?</div><div><br></div><div>If they want i_league players, clubs have to agree, and why in mid-season would you 'loan out' your best players.</div><div>Given the professionalism of Indian players, they would start ducking International & Club games before the Super Cup, so they can be sure to play for the short time & big money.... just as some of the cricketers do in IPL.</div><div><br></div><div>A lot of changes coming , waiting to see the docs that are sent out by AIFF today/tomorrow for direct entry  </div>