NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Due to my whacky weekday schedules, I have not been able catch a single match in its entirety. So I am totally clueless abt Manan, Robin and Alwyn as wel as other players. All I hope is that this Sunday, we get the best of Indian football. 

• kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited August 2012

http://westafricanfootball.com/

CAMEROON B NATIONAL
    FOOTBALL TEAM
    hv a read guyz.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Sunny07
    > shouldnt nabi play on left midfield. we are wasting him by asking him to put in last gasp tackles at left back

The thing is we dont have any decent left back in the country plus we fits very well into the attacking LWB role

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> sanvedjadhav
    > i am happy with our bench strength......infact gurwinder and nabi were very good,mehtab was ok too.... gurwinder should start......only thing is that alwyn should have got some more playing time.....denzil sucks big time and clifford lacks the fitness.......hope final will be a good interesting clash and not a drab match like this 1

But I felt Denzil is doing a better job than nirmal. Nirmal just blows away the possession, not that Denzil is way ahead

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Ronny
    > It seems sanju is already a second option for wim wich means that Anthony wud play in the final and not sanju..Also the 3 players who impressed cameroon coach were given a rest by wim(sunil,lenny,subrata)..this means inspite of all the criticsm that Lenny has had here he has totally impressed the coach and is a sure starter for the final..even I feel he is good but needs to increase his pace else might end up like another climax...Raju is also another sure starter and the fact that he is good in the air is a plus..guys need your honest opinion about Manan and Robin..I dont think both these are capable of scoring against good sides..Jeje still remains a better player than these two in terms of holding the ball against stronger opposition and even scoring..we lacked a clinical finisher today and thats where Sunil can really boost us in the finals plus his ball distribution and holding is too good..he is one player apart from Nabi who is actually confident of himself and does not get overawed by the opposition

Sanju, for me , has been one of the biggest let down. Can you think of any significant contribution by him in any of the matches? he sometimes bursts with energy, thats all...his crossing not too good, and hardly any defensive duties.
    Today's match also showed that Lenny should definitely start.
    Gurwinder actually had a decent debut, but Raju will play in finals
    between Denzil and Nirmal, I prefer Denzil now

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    edited August 2012

Yes Sanju's crossing has been absolutely pathetic except for the one last lob he gave to francis..the thing is I still feel Sanju is a little nervous and not able to play his free flowing game..he has the pressure to not slip out from the national setup on his mind..he needs to settle down and if he has the comfort like Anthony has of always being part of the national team setup then naturally he will step up his game..
    For the finals despite all his mistakes,Denzil might turn out to be a better option than Nirmal..as we cud see he is an attacking right back and his performance improved against a better opposition today-made some good attacking moves..his height is an added advantage..he may not be the best right back in the country but right now he suits the plan well..also I was impressed by India's pressing game today..even without possession I havent seen earlier Indian teams doing this

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

India
    pressed well today guriwindar was better than raju i am really surprise
    way gauramangi is playing now looking at 10 minute way alwyn played want
    to see him playing as attacking midfielder Francis moving to right
    midfield and anthony going to left wing

I agree. Replace mangi with Gurwinder and let denzil play ahead of Nirmal as right back. Drop clifford anthonly on left and francis on right with alwyn, the supporting striker.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

hehe, Wim unlikely to experiment much in the finals. All these inputs might be useful in future friendlies...and hope that Wim watches as many i league games as possible, with Arthur giving his inputs, as he will watch his oppositions carefully

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

once Wim starts watching I league, Wim will find 5-6 even better players than those who are in the starting line up

• Granted Jewel was not at his
    best, comparing Jewel's game against a strong opponent like Cameroon
    with Lenny's against Maldives, syria etc. is like comparing apples and
    oranges. Mehtab is the best CDM in India, so we would need someone with
    more attacking abilities or a nice blend of both. In that case, I
    cannot agree more with Wim's choice of Jewel and Alwyn, both having come
    up through a structured youth system, the best we have in India till
    date. Just that they need to be given a lot more run at least as much
    game time Lenny gets for them to bloom. Also a mix of opponents, ensure
    that Jewel and Alwyn are not always up against opponents like Cameroon with
    their solidly built players with great confidence on the ball
    manoeuvring, shielding it with ultimate ease. If you don't wanna give your
    players coming up from your youth system a decent run, why then have the
    youth system in the first place ? 
    As for me or anyone else who believes in systematic youth development,
    I'd support products of my youth development system to the hilt before I
    look elsewhere. This is one of the major issues with youth development
    in India, where officials, fans loose confidence on products from the
    youth system they themselves created, which clearly shows either there
    is something wrong with the mindset of the proponents or spotting for
    the youth system wasn't up to the mark. This does not happen in any
    football developed nation.

What I did not like about
    jewel (and he does this for his club too ) is being selfish and going
    for glory himself, shooting wide 99% of the time, thus bringing an
    excellent build up to naught, denting his team mates morale a bit. This
    has been widely discussed about Jewel and he needs to work on this.