NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    1.Afghanistan (impressed by their performance)
    2.Ujbekistan (a strong team and wont much hasitate to come in India), but, not sure whether they will send their first team...U23 will do)
    3.Vietnam (diplomacy)
    4.Oman/Qatar/Iran U23 (Friendly relation with us especially the first two)
    5.Nigeria U23/Ghana U23 (many players from these countries are earning a living here. Wish to see how they perform here. But they will send their first team, may be U23)
    6. Thailnad (Stongest in the Asean region, after being no.one in SAFF, it should be the next target)
    7. A team from latin America will add spice...Paraguay/Bolivia/Venezuela
    8. India U23 plus Nabi,Sunil, Subrata,Mehtab,Gourmangi
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited June 2012
    ashindia wrote:
    Afghanistan is participating in 2012 Nehru Cup. Hamidullah Yosufzai, the goal keeper of Afghanistan, told a local TV that Afghanistan will participate in the Nehru Cup which will begin in 2 months time. In addition to Afghanistan and India, he said countries like Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Iran will also participate in this Cup.

-From Afghan Fan

SUPERBBB!!! <!-- s:clap: -->
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Great news..I really hope its true..chances are 50-50 coz squeezing the Nehru cup before AFC challenge cup seems difficult as of now..but wud be great if we cud play teams like turkmenistan and tajikistan before facing them in challenge cup..hoping for the best.
  • tejiteji 142 Points
    edited June 2012
    good set of teams to play against  Iran and uzbeks will be interesting to see..good job AIFF. savio might keep the same team for this tournament as SAFF tournament.. I was sad and happy to see India NT win the SAFF championship because now savio will use that as an excuse to keep the same team.. Feel very discouraged, hopeless  <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/My-work-starts-now-says-Savio-Medeira/articleshow/11087387.cms"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 087387.cms</a><!-- m -->

Medeira's proposed camp is from mid-February, after good dozen rounds of the I-League. Since time is at a premium, while he has no plans to change the shape of his side,  Mediera hopes he will chance upon a left-footed defender who can ease the pressure on Syed Rahim Nabi.
  • India must use this tournament to try out a new set of younger players from Pailan Arrows and some like JeJe, Govin Singh etc. I say this because this will lessen the problems(from player fatigue, injuries and lack of combination) some of the I league front runners are facing.
  • ShebbySBShebbySB 163 Points
    edited June 2012
    My choice:-Newzealand,Canada,Uzbekistan,KoreaDPR,Thailand,India(hosts),
    Afganistan,Kuwait/Qatar. <!-- s:dance: -->
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    edited June 2012
    In another interview, Esrafil Kohistani confirmed the news and added Syria and Qatar as other participating countries to Nehru Cup.-source Big Soccer
    Wow if all this news is true then this could possibly be the best possible Nehru cup in almost a decade..hope Iran and uzbeks send decent teams and these games are FIFA certified..We Indian fans have been really in for a treat since early 2011..Hoping for some official announcement from AIFF on this <!-- s:pray: -->
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited June 2012
    dont know what to say....probaly india will be playing against the likes of iran,qatar,uzbekistan, syria and afghanistan...
    if this is the line up for nehru 2012 and if all teams are able to send their quality teams then good job aiff cant ask for more..
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    This shows that Indian football is growing in stature. Syria should come again and again. This time they are much much stronger though. An I think Qatar has not forgotten the home defeat yet