NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• Ronny wrote: »
    Lol..<br>Anyways Wim must now make best use of his squad and come out with a potent Indian team..this time we should not be having plenty of dead woods in the final eleven like anthony,clifford,sameer etc and go all out to give Maldives and Nepal the thrashing that they deserve..<br>

<br/>[/Its been seriously long time that Nepal has not faced india hopefully we will se this time and I bet more number of Nepali supporters will be there in stadium than Indians
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    And I bet we will have more Indian supporters than Nepalis in the stadium<br>
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    The only problem is Indian public does not consider Nepal as a footballing nation so many hard core fans dont turn up for games against them..<br>
  • <br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Ronny wrote: »
    Nehru cup has officially become an embarrasement this time..what must be Wim thinking??</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It was always an embarrassment. We did not need this tournament. It was unnecessary and a waste of money which could have been used for more important things.</font></div>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    <br>
    <br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Nehru cup has officially become an embarrasement this time..what must be Wim thinking??</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It was always an embarrassment. We did not need this tournament. It was unnecessary and a waste of money which could have been used for more important things.</font></div>

<br><br>Disagree.....Nehru cup=Indias Challenge to the world <br>
  • samiam wrote: »
    <br>
    <br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

<br><br>Disagree.....Nehru cup=Indias Challenge to the world <br>

<br><br>Disagree.... Nehru Cup = Usless trophy which could easily have been molded into something better than it always has been. This is not the 1980s where random ass tournaments can be held and top teams can be invited with there top players. Welcome to 2012 were International schedules are done way ahead of time and where FIFA allows players not to come on non-FIFA dates. Back maybe 10 years ago it was different. <div><br></div><div>Also in terms of what is happening right now I rather AIFF put money and time into I-League and Federation Cup than Nehru Cup. You got the I-League club owners smashing your doors for questions and answers and there is AIFF just sitting there paying no attention to the group that makes the players, that pay the players... that keeps them in game and who represent India in Asian Cups. </div><div><br></div><div>Do you consider this right? Is it, I dont think so.</div><div><br></div><div>Point here: Nehru Cup is fine. Just not in the way it is being conducted at this moment. I am not barking for it to be folded but to be remodeled to fulfill modern times. I mean look, we went from the hope of teams like Costa Rica, Zambia, and Nigeria to teams like Maldives and Nepal. Cameroon will not send the best players like Alex Song and Samuel Eto. Plus I doubt that Wim wants the challenge of facing Cameroon so early in his tenure yet. </div><div><br></div><div>We can do 2 things to keep it alive. Make the Nehru Cup into a pre-season club tournament with Euro clubs coming in pre-season to play the India XI (with Ranti and Odafe etc) OR make it like the Kurin Cup in which it takes place on a FIFA Week and it is a one week-2 game event in which who ever is top after 2 matches win. If not than get rid of it.</div>
  • @<;span class="Author"><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/profile/3262/Gorkhali">Gorkhali</a></span><span class="DateCreated"><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/36055#Comment_36055"; class="Permalink" name="Item_441" rel="nofollow">, u comparing betwen SAFF STANDARD and Nehru cup standard!!!!!!!lol!!!Indian people may be quiet reluctant bcoz in SAFF STANDARD IS NOT THAT GOOD (THOUGH AFGAN IMPROVED A LOT AND PAKISTAN,Bangladesh & MALDIVES TRYING TO IMPROVE)AND INDIA SEND THEIR MAIN TEAM,U-23 TEAM,U-21 team or I-LEAGUE XI,or Office XI team most of time we r champ and SAFF CUP IS NOT LIKE 'PLAYING ASIA CUP' FOR US--though now SAFF GET GOOD TEAM LYK AFGAN-AS A RESULT AGAINST AFGAN IN FINAL GOOD NO FANS CAME IN STADIUM---ON THE OTHER HAND, IN PAST TWO YEAS(2009,2007) TEAM LYK SYRIA,LEBANON,KYRGYZSTAN CAME (BETTER THAN NEPAL AT ANY DAY)--EVEN IN PAST TEAM LIKE HUNGRY,CHINA,UZBEK,YUGOSLOVIA,RUSSIA,ITALY B,N.KOREA,IRAQ etc mighty team came---now if u see last two times many people came in the stadium in every matches bcoz they saw good standard match not like Nepal vs Bangladesh standard ----BTW,i think NEPAL should be grateful to india bcoz for the first team being they r getting chance to face much mighty side lyk Syria,Cameroon!<br><br></a></span>
  • @<;span class="Author"><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/profile/3262/Gorkhali">Gorkhali</a></span><span class="DateCreated"><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/36055#Comment_36055"; class="Permalink" name="Item_441" rel="nofollow">, u comparing betwen SAFF STANDARD and Nehru cup standard!!!!!!!lol!!!Indian people may be quiet reluctant bcoz in SAFF STANDARD IS NOT THAT GOOD (THOUGH AFGAN IMPROVED A LOT AND PAKISTAN,Bangladesh & MALDIVES TRYING TO IMPROVE)AND INDIA SEND THEIR MAIN TEAM,U-23 TEAM,U-21 team or I-LEAGUE XI,or Office XI team most of time we r champ and SAFF CUP IS NOT LIKE 'PLAYING ASIA CUP' FOR US--though now SAFF GET GOOD TEAM LYK AFGAN-AS A RESULT AGAINST AFGAN IN FINAL GOOD NO FANS CAME IN STADIUM---ON THE OTHER HAND, IN PAST TWO YEAS(2009,2007) TEAM LYK SYRIA,LEBANON,KYRGYZSTAN CAME (BETTER THAN NEPAL AT ANY DAY)--EVEN IN PAST TEAM LIKE HUNGRY,CHINA,UZBEK,YUGOSLOVIA,RUSSIA,ITALY B,N.KOREA,IRAQ etc mighty team came---now if u see last two times many people came in the stadium in every matches bcoz they saw good standard match not like Nepal vs Bangladesh standard ----BTW,i think NEPAL should be grateful to india bcoz for the first team being they r getting chance to face much mighty side lyk Syria,Cameroon!<br><br></a></span>
  • nnippnnipp 0 Points
    I agree, the Nehru Cup is a big waste of money, if the association would just organize friendlies (with anyone) on each FIFA designated day, we wouldn't need a farce tournament like this and we would get more ranking points. The thing is, we NEVER play friendlies on FIFA designated friendly days.