NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited August 2012
    shankar wrote: »
    @dsgarison :- to be frank no one here actually hates nepal team or nepal people basically but the poor sportsmanship of few of your fellow nepal NT fans have made us bit angry about you guys and it will take some time for us to be supporting to nepal fans too

spot on.if u need any proof @dsgarison then go to goalnepal.com FB page n read comments of ur nepali mates on any post related to india.
    the more i read their comments the more hatred grows.
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    shankar wrote: »
    @dsgarison :- to be frank no one here actually hates nepal team or nepal people basically but the poor sportsmanship of few of your fellow nepal NT fans have made us bit angry about you guys and it will take some time for us to be supporting to nepal fans too

<br><br>Absolutely true..every comment of Nepali fans is racially abusive towards Indians, the hatred for India amongst the Nepali fans is just too much..agreed they are jealous of us and our superiority in this sport but then so much hatred is not there even between India and Pakistani fans itself..infact we are on very sensible, sporting terms with them and wud have been more delighted if the Pakistan team was coming..<br><br>The truth is Neeapli fans are totally unsporting..during SAFF cup they filled up footballpakistan website with abuses and dirty comments when the teams were playing..it was outright pathetic to see.<br><br><br>
  • dsgarisondsgarison 162 Points
    ya many nepali fans add politics with football.. I agree n i call it immaturity... N every one want to beat bigger teams like brazil n spain in world with india in this region as most successful team...take it lightly guys.
  • dsgarisondsgarison 162 Points
    said:
    Mate. India with a proper 23-
    man roster can beat Nepal 3-0
    on any day...

I respect ur confidence level but frn few months back nepal police club had beaten mohun began 2_0 after challange cup. N ur media might not report that. Even mb was with ur star sunil n a bunch of national players...
    Again frns dont mind for bad behaviour of some nepali guys.
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    I guess in a way I am glad Nepal is coming because we have not played them in a few years and they really improved under that coach in the SAFF. But I don't know if they will be better or worse with the new coach Krishna Thapa. I still don't understand the logic behind AIFF calling Maldives. There are so many non-regional teams in other parts of Asia we could have called. In fact, if we wanted a real test we should have invited North Korea, a team we have evaded playing in the AFC Challenge cup TWICE! I think we have the ability to match them  and at worse, narrowly loose to them. If we invited Cameroon, then we might as well invite North Korea. I don't know what we will get by playing Maldives again and again. After 2008, we have proven our supremacy to Maldives and recently we beat them 3-1 with Madeira as the head coach!!! And Maldives have gone on a decline so I am kind of pissed off about that. AIFF should have proper guidelines in team calling where they should say they will invite this many teams from this many parts of the continent. In my opinion, we should try to get:<div>-one east asian team (China, North Korea should be top choices and if we drastically improve over the next 8 years we can think about calling South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. If neither of these teams is willing to come we can look at calling ASEAN teams like Indonesia, Thailand, or teams like Taiwan, or Hong Kong)</div><div>-One Middle Eastern Team (Start with Syria, Jordan, Oman, Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar, and then think about Saudi, Iraq, Iran, UAE, etc.)</div><div>-One African team (we can rotate around the continent since Africa is filled with good teams everywhere except maybe the east. We started with cameroon and next we can think about north african teams like Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, or south African teams like South Africa, Mali, Zambia, etc.)</div><div>-One Latin American Team (Start with the small nations in central America like Guatemala, Panama, El Salvador and then go to Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia, etc)</div><div>-OR instead of either a Latin American or an African Team, we can have a low tier (still ranked way above us) European team Like Iceland, Cyprus, Macedonia, and eventually work our way towards a Mid-Tier European team like Switzerland, Austria, Romania, Belarus, etc.</div><div>This will bring a bigger audience to the matches and will be given more coverage than the media because honestly for an average Indian, playing Nepal and Maldives is like a joke although true Indian fans know that both are good teams.</div><div>AIFF is probably the worst sports body in the nation. Last minute decisions have cost us so much. For heavens sake they could not find one good practice facility in all 28 states of India....not one. I know some off the top of my head they could have considered but no they are a bunch of old men who are in dream land as far as the status of Indian football is considered.</div>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    dsgarison wrote: »
    said:
    on any day...

I respect ur confidence level but frn few months back nepal police club had beaten mohun began 2_0 after challange cup. N ur media might not report that. Even mb was with ur star sunil n a bunch of national players...

<br><br>lol our media does not even report about good things happening in football either<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Or.... we can just get rid of this tournament or revamp it in a way that we could play it during FIFA dates instead of causing all this havoc every time they try to host the Nehru Cup. We should be moving with the times. Football is not like this. I remember when in the UK they held the Victory Shield between UK sides (still do, but for u17s now). That is gone. We should be trying to take advantage of the market giant that is India. These tournaments will do nothing for India. In fact I expect our ranking to decrease. Cameroon will do what Australia and South Korea did in the Asian Cup... go easy on us. It will probably be 4-0 again. Then Syria (who are better, yet with worse government :p ) will beat us maybe 2-1. Nepal and Maldives is a win, win but will those count for anything in the end. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also Terp the problem is actually convincing those teams to come to a tournament in the end of August, on non-FIFA dates... RIGHT BEFORE FIFA DATES (Early September) and bring there best squad. We need to realize that this tournament is unnecessary. I will still support India but I shall always laugh at the AIFF.</font></div>
  • dsgarison wrote: »
    said:
    on any day...

<br><div><br></div><div>That was the last game of the season. Who really cared. MB was also missing there foreigners and the coach already probably knew he was fired. McDowel used it as a marketing game and that is it. Now please... enjoy the AFC Presidents Cup.</div>
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    To be honest, I think this tournament is necessary for India so that the popularity of the national team can go up. If we just had friendlies in the isolated FIFA dates, that would not attract the public as much as this tournament will. The media coverage for those friendlies will be next to nothing and we will most likely play sub par teams in the friendlies. Why would Cameroon agree to play us in a FIFA date? It is not going to help them regardless of the outcome. So for the next few years, until our national team wins a few more of these tournaments and maybe wins the next challenge cup and makes a run deep in the Asian cup, this tournament is very necessary. Otherwise, ask an average Indian about our football team and they will reply by saying "We have a football team?" Once we have a foothold in Asian football we can shorten the tournament to something likek the Kirin Cup and play more friendlies throughout the year.
  • StrikerStriker 107 Points
    Sorry to disagree with everyone but i dont think you guys r taking the nepal side serious enough, personally i think they could beat india and i repeant COULD. it is a chance because they r a pretty good team.