Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I'd prefer only 3 foreigners, that too only in ISL and not I league or state leagues.

Why should we give experience and game time to other AFC players who are potential threats to our world cup qualification and development of our players?
    EastBengalPride
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    3+1, if that is the accepted number of foreigners, should be adopted in India for all tournaments/ leagues. This is a question of teamwork, player adjustment on field and style of play.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    ISL frenchies should be allowed to only field foreign goalkeepers. Foreigners shouldn't be allowed in any other positions. 
    dev_pfc[Deleted User]atuljgThe real AG
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6520 Points
    @ giridharan .. seems like u r confused b/w AFC cup & AFC champions league..
    Notable performances of Indian clubs in AFC cup in last 15 years 
    1. BFC , Finalist in 2017
    2. EB , SF in 2013 or 12
    3. Dempo, SF in 2007 or 08
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    edited December 2019
    Clubs make lot of money by merely participating in AFC Cup.
    AFC give 20000 USD subsidy for every away game where you need to book flight tickets. Actual expenses are far far less. Staying in Hotel Food is borne by host club.

So BFC will play away twice in Preliminary Round, thrice in Group E and lets assume that they pass the Group stage then once in Inter Zone Semi Finals.

AFC will give Bengaluru FC 120000 USD = 85 lakh rupees just as Travel subsidy. Actual expenses will be quarter of that. Just think that AFC is giving Bengaluru FC 20000 USD (14 lakh rupee) to travel to Coimbatore to play CCFC. Chennai City will also recieve 14 lakh to visit Bengaluru.

Then BFC will be hosting 6 Home Games of AFC Cup and add Gate money ticket sales on top of that.

Both BFC and Chennai City can make anywhere between 40 lakh to 80 Lakh rupees profit by participating in AFC Cup. With this extra money, they can afford to have some depth in the squad so that they can perform well with 3 + 1 Ruling.
    giridharanharitrams24atuljgDeb_BanSiV
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3721 Points
    @Nagendra
    No bro i was telling about the gap in wage between both tournaments as said in the article and also how ISL clubs might not benefit much from this money. As of now still I-league clubs who have more realistic changes of reaching final stages in AFC cup will benefit from the price of 1m $ which is far more attractive. Where as an ISL club will only be there till max R16 in ACL and still make less money than they could at AFC Cup.

@munna219777
    I did not know about the subsidy that you mentioned. this makes it far more attractive . Then even ISL clubs will make a fraction of losses by just hosting.
    Nagendramunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points

AFC Contribution is even bigger in Asian Champions league.
    For preliminary stage, AFC Contribution is 40 thousand dollars. For Group stage 60 thousand dollars subsidy for every away game. For winning every group game 50 thousand dollars, for draw 10 thousand dollars.
    With this extra money and with ISL team getting that slot, clubs can easily spend that on acquiring preper depth in the squad.
    giridharan