Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Why is IFA proud of it? Wish Al-Amna all the best.
    namewtheldNaujawangoalkeeparharitrams24thebeautifulgamegaffertape
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    ISL League stage winner to get ACL spot. Runner up to get AFC Cup spot.
    I-League Champions to get AFC Cup spot.
    Super Cup scrapped for atleast 3 years.
    Source: Goal.com
    munna219777Passi
  • samsam 16444 Points
    I-League winner will get this AFC Cup spot for next 3 years after that Super Cup (Cup winner) winner will get this
    indianFootballFanmunna219777
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Yeah. After three year, I-League will be abolished and a new 2nd Division with new name and new format will be launched.
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    edited December 2019
    Now that some clarify has emerged regarding structure, AIFF must request Umumba to come up with a team in ileague...

They are a professional investor and have clearly told they are not interested in first diviision... yet AIFF due to internal politics denied them a ileague spot last year.....

Without Super cup this year (June 2019 to May 2020), just 18 games for isl domestic players .. pathetic... only 20 games for ileague players.... 

AFC games  -  atleast 5 games for chennai city fc players (assume they lose champ lgue playoff spot) and 6 games for bengaluru fc players (assuming they win afc cup play off spot)

India have played 10 international matches since June 2019 and will play one more in March 2020 .. So 11 extra matches for the top players in the country..... 

so to summarise 

54 domestic players in isl & 65 domestic players in ileague play only 18 and 20 games effectively in a year.... (not incl substitutes)

6 players of bengaluru fc will play 24 matches (7 players allowed in afc matches)

6 players of  Chennai city fc will play 23 matches

The top 11 players among the 131 domestic footballers will play only 28 to 29 games & bfc players in national team will play 34 matches max

you need  to give atleast 40 matches per year to every domestic player for him to develop into a top quality professional footballer .... 

munna219777goalkeeparDeb_BangiridharanEastBengalPridedeepuPassiindian_goonerashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    EB MB players will play 30+ matches because they also played Durand Cup and CFL. 
    haritrams24SiV
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Why can't we have 4 rounds of matches by a club against every other team in I league and ISL (2 home game and 2 away, played alternately) so that a club gets to play 9 x 4 = 38 matches in a season of the league consisting of 20 teams. That will be the same number of matches a yeam plays in EPL in a single season. I think Switzerland has a similar system where dur to having lesser no. of teams in their top league each team plays against others more than twice. Of course this can only be an interim measure till both leagues are merged and a unified league of 18-20 teams comes into place.
    SiVDeb_Ban
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    We have enough teams to have a two tier league system of 18 teams each. Only thing required is AIFF to give autonomy to the league to be run and marketed by the clubs.
    Deb_BangoalkeeparPassiindian_gooner
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    edited December 2019
    OCI player who can represent India after few years must be considered as fifth foreigner is a terrific idea....  Reduce the cap to 5 foreigners + OCI  in squad next season, 4+OCI  for 2021 with max of 4 in playing 11... 

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/time-to-rethink-foreign-players-rules-in-isl-i-league/1hpl9un2xiq0a1bpc74gf9hy9x
    Naujawan