Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29664 Points
  • munna219777munna219777 28513 Points

Q. There were plenty more top teams from Goa though.

A. You are absolutely wrong on that count. These are individuals who promoted clubs when club football was an amateur to semi-professional thing. When professional football has come fully into India, individuals like JCT, Mahindra, Dempo or Salgaocar, they don’t have money themselves. They were running their own private clubs. They were not inviting sponsorships or inviting anybody else to participate in their clubs, not giving shares to anybody to invest in a club. How can you use that definition to say clubs have shut down? This has always happened. Today also, clubs will shut down but new players will come also. All these ISL teams are brand new clubs, no? They were never in the footballing system. Big corporates who were never a part of the system are in football. When you talk of these three-four states that don’t have football, there are new cities that have come into football which were not there earlier.

What about Delhi and Pune Franchise of ISL ? so many corporate entry clubs from Pune ? And now Private clubs have become a problem ?

goalkeepardev_pfc
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    Really good questions but I do agree with most of PP's answers..The federation cant do everything if state associations are unable to find and nurture talent
    Carbon_14goalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28513 Points
    Failure is at multiple levels.
    AIFF cant run away by blaming State Associations.
    AIFF has killed many Domestic tournaments and teams which provided opening for lot of players.
    2nd Division I-League is filled with B teams of ISL who will not even play in I-League. Instead clubs from the states which are backward in Football should be given chance.
    If you limit opening and opportunities only for one Franchise tournament of 10 teams= that also filled with Foreign players - how can you say that Football is growing ??
    Similarly just assembling one squad of U-15, U-17 and giving them Blue Jersey will not grow JUnior Football.
    Competition for places is important amongst a big pool of Footballers.
    Carbon_14Deb_BanSiVgoalkeepargiridharan
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Club owned by a single person (even though it’s 20-50 years old) is bad, but a league owned by single person/ company is good 
    Deb_Ban[Deleted User]goalkeepargiridharandev_pfcmunna219777ashindiashibier
  • perhaps praful patel should answer how many state leagues are run in professional way?
  • https://www.the-aiff.com/article/clarification-over-acl-and-afc-cup-slots-from-india-in-2020-21-season

Clarification over ACL and AFC Cup slots from India in 2021 season

NEW DELHI: The slots for Asian Champions League and AFC Cup from India for the 2021 season will be decided on the following criteria:

The winner of the Hero Indian Super League’s league phase gets a direct slot into the Asian Champions League.

The Hero I-League champion gets a direct slot in the AFC Cup as a special dispensation for three years.

The winner of the Hero Indian Super League’s play-offs gets a slot into the AFC Cup play-offs.

funniest clarification LMAO

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    So if ATK wins the play off stages and MB wins i-League, who gets the AFC Cup play off slot? ISL runners up or i-League runners up? 
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29664 Points

Final round of Santosh Trophy postponed over coronavirus concerns

The final round of the Santosh Trophy, scheduled to be played in Mizoram, has been postponed in wake of the coronavirus outbreak.

The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has sent a letter communicating the same to the state associations that have qualified for the final round.

‘‘As AIFF is more concerned about the safety and health of all the players and officials involved, it has decided to postpone the matches of the final round of the NFC for the Hero Santosh Trophy to be held from 14th to 27th April in Aizawl, Mizoram to later dates,’’ the letter said.

‘‘AIFF will be monitoring the situation of the coronavirus outbreak and decide on the fresh dates, which will be communicated to all the participants in due course.’’

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/santosh-trophy-cancelled-final-round-2019-20-coronavirus-concerns-indian-football/article31029335.ece

munna219777ashindia