Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Hey Guys!! First of all Happy Holi!!!

I was thinking that we should have a new thread regarding Festivals of India,where the community members can share their wishes to one another and community becomes a family rather than a Business Company. The idea of India should overpower the idea of Football in my opinion.We should come along as Indians who are talking on football, rather than just football fans talking on football.

What do you say guys??
    [Deleted User]debarghya89goalkeepardeepak dedhagiridharanSanjeev Biswasnamewtheldmunna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    AIFF should have added that if Chennaiyin FC wins ISL playoffs, they will play in Ahmedabad.
    By the way, Coronavirus only affect non ISL Footballing calendar. No issues in ISL playoff or cricket IPL or that Legends tournament going on of cricket.
    National Team , Santosh trophy , FIFA Friendlies, SAFF Cup, SAF Games, Asian Games all excuses come out from AIFF dictionary to cancel them
    The reasoning behind cancellation of Super Cup was given earlier as congestion of Domestic calendar. Where is the congestion - instead I am looking at 6 months of no Footballing action for our players.
    Carbon_14ashindiagoalkeeparRonnygiridharan
  • samsam 16428 Points
    chennai city will play afc cup in chennai
    munna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points

Project 2034: How an Indian club is undertaking the most ambitious youth football project in the world

Building from the bottom, achieving long-term sustainability and prioritizing youth development seems to be the latest trend in football. In the late 2000s and early 2010s, you’d be forgiven for thinking the way to grow in football was by spending as much money as possible, given the meteoric rise of clubs such as Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG.

Seemingly unstoppable dynasties ruled by money, comparable to those of the Mughals in the Indian subcontinent and the Romans in Europe. were on the charge. Less than a decade later though, it seems that akin to the Mughals and Romans, who eventually faded, these grand dynasties too are facing challenges that threaten their very existence. 

In this very analytical and data-driven age, modern, avant-garde clubs are run by following principles related to effective scouting, youth development and building a sustainable, community supported economic model. This enables them to run well into the future, and outlast ephemeral ‘cheque-book’ clubs that come, spend tons of money, and leave without a trace. Developing the best talent from within and selling it for high sums has also proven to be a very viable business model for clubs in nations like Serbia, the Netherlands and Portugal. 

In other regions, youth development is used as a tool to undertake large projects, with one, extremely ambitious goal in mind. Take Romania for example, where national hero Gheorghe Hagi founded FC Viitorul Constanta in 2009 with the vision of producing the best Romanian footballers, and making his country renowned on the world stage.

In 2017, Viitorul won the Romanian Liga I, and now have one of the best academies in the region, continuing to go from strength to strength economically. Over the past two years, they’ve produced players like Razvan Marin (Ajax), Florinel Coman (Steaua Bucharest) and Ianis Hagi (Rangers, Gheorghe’s son) and are widely considered to be the next big thing in Eastern European football.

More than 4,700 kilometres from Romania, another very ambitious renegade is masterminding what I personally consider to be the most challenging and bold youth project in the world. 

Minerva Punjab FC, based in the city of Mohali in India, is owned by Ranjit Bajaj. In 2020, the young and trailblazing character announced that they would be travelling across the vast country to search for diamonds in the rough, all under nine years of age.

more in the link

https://heartof.football/2020/03/10/project-2034-how-an-indian-club-is-undertaking-the-most-ambitious-youth-football-project-in-the-world/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

munna219777ashindiagiridharanmohammed_87hassan
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I am extremely pleased that many of the members have shown their appreciation towards the idea of the thread "FESTIVALS OF INDIA". Will it be possible for someone to put this idea/thought into practice??? 
    munna219777
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited March 2020

AIFF Media Team

NEW DELHI: Adhering to the advisories issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, and directives from several State Governments, all footballing activities under the aegis of AIFF stay suspended till March 31, 2020.

All India Football Federation understands and prioritises the importance of human health and life, an area which AIFF will never compromise upon. The AIFF will take a stock of the situation in the last week of March, and take a decision abiding by directives from relevant authorities at that juncture.

All Hero I-League matches have been suspended from March 15, 2020 onwards.

Furthermore, all Hero Second Division, Hero Youth Leagues, Golden Baby Leagues, as well as, National Competitions also stay suspended with immediate effect.

As announced earlier, the Hero Indian Super League final will be played behind closed doors.

The circular which was issued to all National Sports Federations by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare can be viewed at https://yas.nic.in/sites/default/files/COVID.pdf

thebeautifulgamemunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    All valuables including phones, wallets and cash of players where stolen in a Delhi Senior League game and Shaji Prabhakaran didn't even pick calls 
    deepumunna219777ashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points

ATK’s ISL title, Mohun Bagan’s I-League triumph, an impending merger – so what happens to AFC slots?

It is not the greatest of times for being a sports fan around the world, but the football mad public in Kolkata have had one of the most memorable seasons. The past week has witnessed the crowning of Mohun Bagan as I-League champions with four games to spare in the tournament, while a rampaging ATK FC claimed an unprecedented third Indian Super League title triumph.

The latter secured the ISL title with a 3-1 victory over arch-rival Chennaiyin FC in a summit showdown that was played behind closed doors in Goa on Saturday.

Javier Hernandez (10th) and Edu Garcia (48th) put ATK in the driving seat but Nerijus Valskis (69th) reduced their advantage to set up a tense end to the contest.

Hernandez scored another in injury time (90+4th) to confirm a record third title.

While Kolkata might be rejoicing two titles, there is a question to be asked in the aftermath that might leave some stakeholders of Indian football uncomfortable.

In the days leading up to the two teams emerging champions, the All India Football Federation issued a clarification that many had been waiting for: what will happen to the three continental slots for Indian clubs?

The slots for AFC Club competitions from 2021 onwards from India will be decided on the following criteria:

The winner of the Indian Super League’s (Hero ISL) league phase (the team that finishes top of the table after the regular league phase) gets a direct slot into the Asian Champions League (AFC Champions League).

The I-League champion gets a direct slot in the AFC Cup as a special dispensation for three years.

The winner of the ISL trophy (ISL Champions) gets a slot into the AFC Cup play-offs.

The same allocation of slots will be followed going forward.

The above conditions seem fine given the roadmap for Indian football and how ISL has been promoted recently as India’s top division. But here’s the catch: Mohun Bagan and ATK’s impending merger ahead of the next season introduces ambiguity into the equation.

FC Goa will be heading to the AFC Champions League group stage, as ISL table-toppers. But the I-League and ISL Champions will be one entity next season, so who gets the AFC Cup group stage slot and who gets the playoff spot?

Clearly, the merged entity will opt to be a part of the group stage, leaving the spot assigned to ISL champions without a taker.

Here are some of the questions this scenario raises:

• Does the remaining AFC Cup playoff spot go to the second-placed team in I-League?
    • As an extension, what happens if the I-League season is not completed due to the coronavirus outbreak? Currently East Bengal are in the second spot.
    • Should it be assigned to the ISL runners-up since the league is India’s premier club competition now?
    • Would it fair, then, for the ISL to have all three continental slots even though it was not designed to be the case?

So, even though the clarification was issued to make things clearer on the continental front, the merger has raised a question that the AIFF will have to address soon. Already, the I-League patrons have raised issues with reports that ISL could have all three slots.

It is worth noting that this is the first time that India has a direct AFCCL entry since the continental club competition started in 2002. Earlier, Indian clubs were drawn in the AFC Champions League playoffs but that will no longer be the case as India has been allotted a direct slot after the format expanded from 32 to 40 teams from 2021.

India additionally have two AFC quotas with the ISL winners earning a place in the preliminary round of the AFC Champions League and the I-League champions going through to the group stages of the AFC Cup.

Currently, Chennai City FC are the only team remaining in Asian contention, drawn in Group E of AFC Cup on the back of their I-League triumph last season. Bengaluru FC, the ISL champions, were knocked out in the playoffs.

What will be the scenario in 2021? At the moment, it is anybody’s guess.

https://scroll.in/field/956223/atks-isl-title-mohun-bagans-i-league-triumph-an-impending-merger-so-what-happens-to-afc-slots

• samsam 16428 Points
    I think there is no need for more article on AFC spots. Its quite clear now.
    ACL: FC Goa
    AFC GS: ATKMB
    AFC Q: CFC
    BrainFallINDIAdeepak dedhaSiV
  • I Joined to discus this Man on coronavirus is amazing :)
    deepudev_pfc