Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points

The following Indian clubs will participate in the AFC Club competitions in 2021.

FC Goa as the winner of the Hero ISL league phase for season 2019-20 as direct entrant in the group stage of AFC Champions League.

ATK Mohun Bagan (after their agreement to form a joint venture) as a direct entrant in the group stage of AFC Cup on virtue of being winners of the Hero I-League 2019-20.

The AFC Cup play-off slot goes to Bengaluru FC who finished third in the Hero ISL league phase in 2019-20. ATK, who finished runners-up in the league phase of the Hero ISL 2019-20, as per their joint venture with Mohun Bagan, qualify automatically for the direct slot for the AFC Cup.

ashindiamunna219777kartik91
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    I-League 2nd spot team should get it. But yeah AIFF already have a reason for that. Season was not finished. 
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    No I league 2nd place can't get it as I league spot is taken by Mohun Bagan ATK, this isl league winner spot gos to atk but shutdown of atk means it gos to 2nd place team on regular season but ATK is also 2nd so the spot gos to 3rd place that is BFC.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Igor Stimac and U-17 WC coach forgot that guys name are prime example AIFF have no idea about football. 

2 coaches who got selected because they had high profile jobs years ago with no experience managing lower level teams. 

People with high profiles wouldn't work for India because of the extremely low resources and talent pool.

I always get laughed at when I say this but someone like Khalid Jamil would do 100 times better than these white skinned overrated guys simply because he has years of experience on winning with shit players and knows how things work in India. Atleast we'd beat Guam, Bangladesh, Afghanistan under him
    goalkeeparCarbon_14deepak dedhamunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Mandar Thamane probably lobbied for AFC Cup spot. I guess that's how BFC got the nod. The rest didn't give a shit
    SiVmunna219777
  • I loved the way Aiff and fsdl fooled the ileague teams into believing that they will get afc cup spot.. But lo and behold what we see is all the spots went to isl teams. And they have a ready made excuse which no one can refute. 
    ashindiagoalkeeparSiVDeb_Banmunna219777
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan the part of the equation you are missing is that khalid only knows how to handle low budget team with shit players against others teams teams having shit players but at international level you won’t find that. 

Igor produced result against some big names like Qatar, China and Thailand which khalid would never have been able to achieve with his Stone Age tactics. Indian team is a work in progress that would need time. Don’t expect miracles from a below sub-standard set of players. 

But I do not subscribe to the idea of PIOs that’s been regularly preached by coach.  Rather coach should look for apt players within indian football system (I league and ISL). More than anything we need to lower no of foreign players so that players like Jobby Justin, Prangki Buam and other can showcase their talent.
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparmohammed_87hassanmunna219777EastBengalPride
    You are predicting without giving Khalid chance, you also predicted Armando calaço will be shit for NT as he is not white, give Khalid a chance he will shut your mouth just like Armando did.

And about PIO, do you think you know more about Indian players then coach Igor ? No you don't Igor is not a fool to ask for Pio and oci, he knows indians can't play football, without pios and ocis India will always remain shit if you agaiat pios/ocis you can enjoy losing to Bangladesh but for as we want change in system, pios and ocis in the only way to change our NT, a Omid Singh is miles better then a age fraud Udanta Singh, if India seriously wants to go for WC then the next step will be to naturalize foreign player's.
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    edited June 2020
    If khalid would have been even 1% of what you preach then he wouldn’t have been working under his white master as assistant coaches. NT job is no hit and trial job that you can give to anyone, one must prove his caliber before being offered such a position. 

Ideally khalid should have sticked to coaching I league teams to prove himself for a few more seasons but he choose an easy way and fat pay. 

I’m a not person to be fascinated by white skin. I started watching indian football before I watched European leagues and to this day I still prefer indian football over European and for that reason I know I’m not biased against khalid. It’s just that khalid consistently needs to prove himself, winning league Just one time with Aizawl doesn’t make him beater coach.

Regarding Armando he was one of the best indian coach and I do acknowledge that. He won at 3 GPL, take Churchill to runners up pos in NFL and won 3 I league tittles with Dempo and after that he was offered indian NT coach position.

masefieldtheoilfield
    @deepak dedha he is working as assistant coach before of Racist rule in ISL which doesn't allow Indians to become head coach.

"one must prove his caliber"  Kalid Jamil has proven himself by winning I league with Random player's, while the whitey coaches who coached India have never won nathing in there lives.

Why don't work in small company why do you jump to bigger company with highter pay you should prove yourself in lower company with peanut's, don't you think ?

Khalid Jamil has proven himself for 7 year's, no coach could have saved Mumbai fc from relegation with random footballers from Mumbai and 1 cr budget, he created players like Pratik and Jayesh

So stop you fascination with white skin leave your white superiority mindset we are no longer in colonial India.
    deepak dedha