Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    AIFF invites bids for new clubs to join Hero I-League 2020 onwards

All India Football Federation has issued an invite to accept bids for new clubs from non-Hero I-League cities to join the Hero I-League from 2020 onwards.

The bids have been invited from prospective team owners from New Delhi, Ranchi, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Lucknow and Ahmedabad, amongst others.

As per the invitation to tender, the entity that wins the bid will be granted the right to own and operate a new football club from 2020 onwards. The aforementioned club will have the opportunity (if applicable, and subject to qualification) to also compete in the AFC club competitions.

The invitation to tender can be acquired from the Football House in New Delhi between June 10 and June 20, 2020 upon payment of INR 4,00,000.00 (non-refundable and non-adjustable) by demand draft, pay order (both payable at New Delhi) favouring All India Football Federation, or by NEFT/RTGS. Bank details will be provided upon request.

https://www.the-aiff.com/article/aiff-invites-bids-for-new-clubs-to-join-hero-i-league-2020-onwards

munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    This is done allow Sudeva moonlight fc into I league
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    "leave your white superiority mindset we are no longer in colonial India."--it's true we live in a post-colonial India where there should not be discrimination based on race or colour. Even more important is that living in post-colonial India, we should be proud of our identity as Indians and believe that we can achieve our dreams in any field, including sports

If such be the case, then your statement "Indians can't play football" (based on the genetic theory that you propagate so often in this forum) is also a hangover of a colonial mindset. That Indians can play and compete with the best in Asia is amply proved by the fact that during the 1950 and early 1960s, usually hailed as the golden era of Indian football, India won two Asian games, and finished fourth in the 1956 Olympics. There was a steady decline in the fortunes of the Indian football team after this period because of the unprofessional handling of the game by the AIFF and the clubs, the lack of scouting and grassroot programmes, lack of proper infrastructure and widespread corruption. Even in these depressing times, Indian football clubs have had their moments of glory--East Bengal becoming the first Indian club to defeat a foreign team when they won 1-0 against Pas Club of Iran in 1970 and their ASEAN Cup triumph in 2003, Dempo entering the semi-finals of the AFC Cup as the first Indian club in 2008 and Bengaluru FC becoming the first Indian team to play in the AFC cup final in 2016. 

Inclusion of PIOs and OCIs might be one of the options for improvement of Indian football (and that too would be a very long-drawn and cumbersome process as @munna219777 has said) but weeding out corruption at administrative levels, inducting the right persons in the right positions, giving importance to both I-League and ISL, laying emphasis on grassroot programmes and proper scouting is more necessary for football to progress in this country
    debarghya89munna219777deepak dedhagoalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Instead of bids, they should strenghten 2nd division and allow two clubs or more from there.
    Corporate clubs do not even wish to participate in 2nd division, they want guarantee of participation and then vanish after one season.

deepak dedhaDeb_Ban

ISL season  depends on 800 pound Gorilla in the Room -  IPL.
    IPL and ISL cannot be held simultaneously. Once IPL is finalised in October after pushing T20 Cricket world cup out of the way, ISL can start in and around November 20.
    By that time both IPL and world cup qualifiers will get finished.
    4 months of ISL / I League and then in March end 3rd round AFC Qualifiers will start.
    If India finish 5th position or in bottom 4 of 4th position teams, then there will be playoffs in February. Thats why ISL and I-league will finalise their schedule of games late in the season. .

goalkeeparkartik91

Why is BFC and mandar tamhane so keen on AFC Cup. They participated in AFC Cup 2020 and were knocked out in playoffs by maldives club. didnt even reach group level - and this is SAAF region clubs. What will change in 2021 ?
    deepak dedhaashindiagoalkeeparDeb_BanSiVgaffertapekartik91
  • I like how goalkeepar advocates for Indian coaches and shits on Indian players.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    ;munna219777

because BFC done well in 2016 & 2017 AFC Cup and also done reasonably well in 2015 & 2018.
    munna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Its shame and lowest point of BFC career to loose to Maldives club that too at playoff level. Idk what will happen at 2021.
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    @thebeautifulgame ;"Indians can't play football" (based on the genetic theory that you propagate so often in this forum) is also a hangover of a colonial mindset.

how can this be colonial mindset ?? This is scientifically proven fact you can conform this with Igor Stamic, so you are now blaming the British for putting genetic fault in Indian DNA? 

That Indians can play and compete with the best in Asia is amply proved by the fact that during the 1950 and early 1960s, usually hailed as the golden era of Indian football, India won two Asian games, and finished fourth in the 1956 Olympics

The so called golden era of Football in India is a joke, 1950s were a time if War and Famine in Asia no one cared for football that time, there were very few active NT, India was invited to world cup as no Asian country wanted to come, Asia was poor and was in chaos in the so called golden era of Indian football, You perform best when you compete with 4 others weaker then you, now do the same with 40 some others stringer then you and see your performance, India was shit in football, is shit in football and will always remain shit in football unless we get Pios and OCI players with superior footballing genetics ( scientifically proven)
    deepak dedhamunna219777