Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ashindia wrote:
    Rumors :- India-China joint bid for 2030 FIFA World Cup ;)
    can't be possible since next possible bid for AFC is 2034
  • ashindia wrote:
    Rumors :- India-China joint bid for 2030 FIFA World Cup ;)
    can't be possible since next possible bid for AFC is 2034

I think a little money says otherwise ;)
  • FIFA announced on October 29, 2007 that it will no longer continue with its continental rotation policy, implemented after the 2006 World Cup host selection. The newest host selection policy is that any country may bid for a World Cup, provided that their continental confederation has not hosted either of the past two World Cups

FIFA had formally allowed joint bids once more (after they were banned in 2002), due to there being only one organizing committee per joint bid, unlike Korea/Japan, which had two different organizing committees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_hosts
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Savio To Be SACKED,Rob ban to choose next Coach( :- :-* )

New Delhi: After India`s disastrous AFC Challenge Cup campaign ended with a 0-4 loss against North Korea in Kathmandu on Tuesday, the AIFF bosses have decided that technical director Rob Baan will now take a final call in zeroing in on Savio Medeira`s replacement as senior team coach.

India went into the AFC Challenge Cup as defending champions and conceded eight goals in three matches and a dip below 160 in FIFA rankings is certain.

"We don`t have any matches till May 31 so whether Savio Medeira stays or goes becomes irrelevant. It`s all about whether AIFF is keen on paying him salary for couple of months or not. That amount isn`t that huge that parent body won`t honour his contract. But certainly, he will not get an extension after this dismal show," a senior AIFF official preferring anonymity said.

AIFF technical director Baan has concentrated more on the junior squad till now but he will entrusted with greater responsibilities as far as senior squad is concerned.

"The AIFF has full faith in Rob Baan`s abilities. He will be the man who would decide on a good and affordable foreign replacement. If you look at the standard of Indian coaches, it`s not very encouraging. We certainly need a good foreign coach to take us forward," he said.

Medeira`s credentials as a coach is nothing much to write about as under his tutelage Salgaocar were relegated from I-League (National football League then) in 2005-06.

Source :- http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/rob-baan-to-decide-on-savio-s-replacement-aiff-sources_739144.html

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    finally some one realizes this
  • I really hope its true..AIFF hasnt said anythn yet abt sacking or replacing him..
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Rob Baan emphasizes hiring Indian coach according to recent sources. He says that a coach from some other country will use techniques that are suitable to their countrymen and Indians dont have that physique etc.

Armando Colaco might be offered a long term contract provided he is willing to accept it. Rob Baan might also select some-one from the coaching courses organized by AIFF!

Only if no-one is available/suitable will he go for a foreign coach.
  • Can someone tell me how the transfer market works in the I league.
    Is it just like in the EPL and other leagues?

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    kushalshah wrote:
    Can someone tell me how the transfer market works in the I league.
    Is it just like in the EPL and other leagues?
    i dont think there is real transfer system

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Most players are signed on a 1 year or 2 yr deal, so teams will wait out a contract if they want a player and sign for free at the end of it.
    In the case where a player has a 3 yr deal at the club and he wants to leave , he will often pay off someone at the club and get his release letter ( No objection certificate) , before joining his new club who will often reimburse him the cost of him breaking his contract.

To date only professional clubs like Pune FC and Shillong Lajong FC have players on longer contracts and as such in a position to claim transfer fees.
    Its rumored that Subrata Pal will be leaving for Kolkata with a transfer fee of 25 Lakhs being agreed for him.
    Lajong FC also paid PFC for a youth goalkeeper at the start of the season