Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Yeah for them Bhutia is the best player and Bob Houghton the best coach in the world. :|
  • ashindia wrote:
    Yeah for them Bhutia is the best player and Bob Houghton the best coach in the world. :|

To them Jeje Lalpekhlua is the son of god. Baichung is god. Bob is a man who was killed by AIFF. Karim and Armando are our saviors. Kolkata and Goa are the only places where football exists and Uttam Rai is supposedly going to join the seniors this year and will leave the other u16 players for Barcelona soon.

Yep. I think they play to much football manager at sportskeeda.com

BTW, can someone tell me what happened to Rahul Bali. He was goal.com's only decent writer and he is no where now.
  • usaindia wrote:

Hahahaha, let me guess. This new league will be states vs states again. And around 98% of the funding will be given to Goa and Kolkata with the North-East will get 2%.

Until the AIFF wakes up and just make the league a franchise model and wait till some money flows in before starting a 2nd Division and Youth League we shall never really improve.

What would we want to see Karnataka U19 vs Tamil Nadu U19 or East Bengal U19 vs Mohun Bagan U19.

Also does AIFF really want to improve the youth. Then place a restriction on the I-League stating that if a team does not have an Academy for u19 and u17 on the lines of Pune FC within 3 years of them joining I-League then they are expelled for breaching I-League criteria.

Not rocket science AIFF.
  • usaindia wrote:

Why? Why not just create a new I-League U19 league and have all 14 I-League U19 clubs PLUS invite TFA, G-Group, SESA, PIFA etc to join the league as well. It would determine who has the best youth development in India better than having TFA in the I-League 2nd Division which needs to actually GET RID of Academy teams and replace them with real clubs.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    New Delhi: Tata Football Academy, the stable that has provided Indian football with some of the best talents over the years, has expressed its interest to field a team in the second division I-League.

The academy had been kept out of the on field action as it is not a "commercial entity", a pre-requisite set by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to be a part of the country`s topmost league.

The governing body regulations say that a team needs to be a legal entity, and since the TFA is governed by Tata Steel Sports Foundation, a nonprofit organisation, it cannot be a part of the competition.

"There is an AFC regulation that the team which participates in the competition should be a commercial entity and since the TFA is governed by non-profit organisation we have not been allowed to take part in the league," said vice president, corporate services Tata Steel, Sanjiv Paul.

"We have requested the AIFF to give us a wavier so that we can have our own team, they have agreed informally to have our B-division team and probably next year onwards we may be allowed to play," he said on the sidelines of a function here.

Meanwhile, the AIFF said they were discussing the various aspects of TFA`s inclusion into the domestic setup.

"They (TFA) have requested AIFF, they be allowed to play the second division league. But for that to happen they need to be a separate entity," general secretary AIFF, Kushal Das said.

"We are discussing the matter and will reach the conclusion in due course of time. However, we have asked them to guarantee the formation of a proper legal entity within one to two years, and their entry would be made possible only as per the regulations," he added.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Footballer Forced to retire due to Financial Difficulties.

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    New Delhi: Tata Football Academy, the stable that has provided Indian football with some of the best talents over the years, has expressed its interest to field a team in the second division I-League.

The academy had been kept out of the on field action as it is not a "commercial entity", a pre-requisite set by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to be a part of the country`s topmost league.

The governing body regulations say that a team needs to be a legal entity, and since the TFA is governed by Tata Steel Sports Foundation, a nonprofit organisation, it cannot be a part of the competition.

"There is an AFC regulation that the team which participates in the competition should be a commercial entity and since the TFA is governed by non-profit organisation we have not been allowed to take part in the league," said vice president, corporate services Tata Steel, Sanjiv Paul.

"We have requested the AIFF to give us a wavier so that we can have our own team, they have agreed informally to have our B-division team and probably next year onwards we may be allowed to play," he said on the sidelines of a function here.

Meanwhile, the AIFF said they were discussing the various aspects of TFA`s inclusion into the domestic setup.

"They (TFA) have requested AIFF, they be allowed to play the second division league. But for that to happen they need to be a separate entity," general secretary AIFF, Kushal Das said.

"We are discussing the matter and will reach the conclusion in due course of time. However, we have asked them to guarantee the formation of a proper legal entity within one to two years, and their entry would be made possible only as per the regulations," he added.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    dont bend rules for any one be it TFA or sesa or any one