Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• I am wondering if Jamshedpur Steel FC is a possibility.

Also, and this is dirty, I think AIFF should allow Tata into the I-League 2nd Division but Tata must make a new club called along the lines of Jamshedpur [fill in blank] FC. Also TATA Steel must be the title sponsor of I-League and Tata can not be in the club name.

Jamshedpur Steel FC and TATA Steel I-League. Sounds good.
  • http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newssport.php?id=654304

Looks like Savio will get one more game to make India look bad as we might play Malaysia on May 29.

If AIFF were smart they would allow Robert Baan to coach this team for only 1 game and have this team be the u23 team. Be a mix of the good experienced players like Sunil Chhetri, Nabi, Pal etc, the established senior youngsters like Jeje, Jewel Raja, and the u22 team. Let this be a new beginning.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newssport.php?id=654304

Looks like Savio will get one more game to make India look bad as we might play Malaysia on May 29.

If AIFF were smart they would allow Robert Baan to coach this team for only 1 game and have this team be the u23 team. Be a mix of the good experienced players like Sunil Chhetri, Nabi, Pal etc, the established senior youngsters like Jeje, Jewel Raja, and the u22 team. Let this be a new beginning.

It says April 28th and looking at our I-League schedule I don't think clubs will agree to release players.

So just like my bro's(Arsenalkid) wish I too hope we play our U-22 team(registered as A team) under Rob Bann.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Okay I can be really dumb at times,its says May 28 sorry for my mistake but still AIFF should go ahead with U-22 team and new coach.
  • Football dreams may come true

KOCHI: The long-standing dream of an exclusive venue for football in the city is becoming a reality with the Greater Cochin Development Authority deciding to sign, within two months, a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kerala Football Association and the Kerala State Sports Council to renovate the Ambedkar Stadium to international standards.

The project included was� part of the proposal forwarded by the KFA to stake a claim in India’s bid for the 2017 FIFA under-17 world cup. “An in-principle agreement was reached for converting the Ambedkar Stadium into an international stadium exclusively for football at a meeting held in Thiruvananthapuram earlier this week,” the GCDA chairman-designate N Venugopal told City Express on Friday.

Industries Minister Kunhalikutty, Sports Minister K B Ganesh Kumar, Excise Minister K Babu,� MLAs from the district Hibi Eden, Benny Behanan and Dominic Presentation, GCDA secretary George Vallakalil, Mayor Tony Chammany and KFA president K M I Mather, apart from Venugopal, were present at the meeting.

A proposal from the FIFA to fund an artificial turf, along with a regional academy, had long been pending with the KFA, who were so far unable to point out a venue for the project.

Venugopal said that the stadium would be meant exclusively for football and no other event would be allowed.

“The FIFA will be spending about Rs 10 crore for converting the stadium into a venue of international standards. The KFA will have the right to the stadium for 160 days,” he said, adding that the stadium would be� given for matches organised by others, in a manner suitable for a football field. It is also learnt that the contract is likely to be for 20 years.
    He said that the GCDA would hold further talks with the state sports department and the KFA for finalising the details.

Finally the KFA has woken up. Kerala Football and Jammu & Kashmir Football have been making a lot of noise in 2012. All they need now are NPL type state leagues.
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    good work by KFA . hope some sense prevails in UP football administration too.
    there is zero football infra in UP despite being the biggest state. still UP reached the semis of U-16 Mir Iqbal Hussain Trophy beating footballing states goa and meghalaya. shows there is talent and interest for football in UP too.
  • trojan wrote:
    good work by KFA . hope some sense prevails in UP football administration too.
    there is zero football infra in UP despite being the biggest state. still UP reached the semis of U-16 Mir Iqbal Hussain Trophy beating footballing states goa and meghalaya. shows there is talent and interest for football in UP too.

Maybe new Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will help shape up football in UP. He has played in the past and loves the game.
  • once a futbol stadium is set up I don't want any stupid f**king activities there other than futbol...at any cost..the ground should be like faithful wife not like a whore which is used & thrown
  • once a futbol stadium is set up I don't want any stupid f**king activities there other than futbol...at any cost..the ground should be like faithful wife not like a whore which is used & thrown

I am just happy that there will be no track. A running track kills the field.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    once a futbol stadium is set up I don't want any stupid f**king activities there other than futbol...at any cost..the ground should be like faithful wife not like a whore which is used & thrown

I am just happy that there will be no track. A running track kills the field.
    absolutely...the tracks kills the excitement of watching i-league matches mainly....adding to it is the poor attendance