Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    AIFF finally coming to their senses after their player forced to return..... now solve this quick......
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/06/3017650/fifpro-division-asia-will-meet-in-india-for-the-first-time

It seems like a important and interesting meet as i-league club officials are also expected to be part along with aiff officials...
  • shankar wrote:
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/04/06/3017650/fifpro-division-asia-will-meet-in-india-for-the-first-time

It seems like a important and interesting meet as i-league club officials are also expected to be part along with aiff officials...

I wonder. Obviously this wont be about having expansion instead of pro/rel as the AFC will probably make the league for the AIFF and have a 2nd Division and try to make I-League more like J.League or K-League.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    JCT to be back ??

Kolkata channel reports so.According to them JCT will play in 2013 2nd Division.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    some kolkatta sports prog is claiming that dempo might shut the club if the prize money of the league is not increased to some crores...

.............................................................................................................................
    now here they are talking....all i can say is just do it..
    you guys are not helping indian football get any new fan following then what is the use of having you as champions
  • shankar wrote:
    some kolkatta sports prog is claiming that dempo might shut the club if the prize money of the league is not increased to some crores...

.............................................................................................................................
    now here they are talking....all i can say is just do it..
    you guys are not helping indian football get any new fan following then what is the use of having you as champions

Dempo are helping, they have brough a former world cupper. A great coach and are well supported in Goa. Also from what I heard they will make a new stadium in 2017 and will market.

They technically are the best in Goa behind Sporting Goa in terms of club managment.

Now if they rename as Goan Rovers FC I would love them.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Are Dempo well supported in Goa? wasn't it mainly SCG and Salgaocar? One team I would really NOT miss if they pull out is Churchill Bros.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @ Rudra.. Well iu am form Goa but am working in Dubai... I agree with u 100% , i for sure will not miss churchill brother... the family managing the teams were earlier gold smugglers who then got into politics..its this money that is funding the team...CB owners also meddle in the team running , player selection , insult the coaches, indian football will be better w/o them... we had another such case with Franca PAX.. they were a very exciting team but agian manager by another politician.. they got into a big scrap with AIFF.. thankfully AIFF did not budge and teh team was disbanded..
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @ ashindia Quote

JCT to be back ??

Kolkata channel reports so.According to them JCT will play in 2013 2nd Division.

........... Its Odd if JCT are planning to get into the second Division and theoratically qualify into d I-league as winners... then what happens?.. will they drop out from playing in the I-league , if not then why was d team disbanded in the first place?... its really a paradox..
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Dempo is a good team they have good vision but only thing they need more effort from AIFF which I feel is 100% correct.

Some people say that clubs have to market themselves to get fans but they are 90% wrong !! First I-League has to be popular only then people will know what Dempo SC actually is !!

People will buy Nike products cause Nike markets really well and that's not the case with Lotto even though few of its products might be better.

That's the reason why I-League clubs formed an association,in order to kick/wank AIFF's ass.