Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    May we just beat them 4-0 and get rid of forever. But the fact is that we struggled against them last we met. Win is so scared of introducing new plyers that he has this stupid rule of not allowing non-i-league players into the them. Since when did the I-League become a benchmark? Should the U19 players wait till they find a club?
    I dont see why not? If you cant get into the I-League then why do you deserve to be in the squad? The national team should be for the best professionals (or best U23), not random U19 guys.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Playing against low ranked country is gud if some say 2-3 player debut in the match...a gud performance by them wil be gud 4 their confidence...if they start against strong opponent ..their carrer wil be over in 1 match or they will fade away...i m hopeful brandon wil debut here...away friendly is gud...remember last we play against maldives in away friendly we fail to beat them...played 1-1 draw..
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 If it were some established league, I would have understood the logic. But this is I-League we are talking about, where the players are signed for a lot of other considerations. Their quality comes secondary. And if the players have proven themselves in say India U19 level, why wait for an approval from a bloody i-leagur club?
    Sunil wil be there 4 india 4 atleast 3-4 yrs...and balwant is promising lad...i wanna see 2 players in friendly balwant and brandon..
    @Ashlesh
    the chant 4 paul wil now be even louder bcoy f signing f foreign club
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited February 2014
    @ArsenalFan700 If it were some established league, I would have understood the logic. But this is I-League we are talking about, where the players are signed for a lot of other considerations. Their quality comes secondary. And if the players have proven themselves in say India U19 level, why wait for an approval from a bloody i-leagur club?
    The point is that the players in I-League, regardless of why they were signed, are still the ones playing a full 27-game season as well as other cup competitions. These are the players playing against what we have to call the "best in India". The India U19 guys who dont have a club dont do this. If they did then I would understand giving them a whack but if Wim was not going to call up guys who signed for IMG-Reliance due to lack of match fitness then why would he consider U19 guys who have never played "professionally" before?
    Gud point....but sometime u need eagle eyes to see the potential...eg. Like baichung who made debut 4 india at very early age
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Both Bhutia and Sunil made debut at early age ..
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Sunil made debut at 22/23