Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• gaffertape - any updates on how the India U-22 camp is going on ? Which players have impressed ?
    Most players haven't impressed...not surprising , as they brought in 70 boys and all they did was 11 v11 games every day , 
    20min halves ....

Only 7 players impressed...

Do u mind giving the names of those players ? What will the next step be for the - The next camp is after the  I-League ?
    Can't give the names of the player's that impressed or might see them announced on a Hardtackle article " top 7 youngsters to watch out for...."
    Next step is after the I-league where these select few will join the likes of Alwyn George etc and the final squad will be chosen
    They will then go on an exposure trip in Asia followed by the qualifiers.

So this camp from 28th to 5th was by and large a massive waste of time and money...the hotel and flights cost a bomb...so someone (AIFF natiinal teams managet and his cronies ) made aome nice kickbacks...

Anyone who follows Indian youth foot all could've predicted the top 10 from that 70....numbers 30 onwards were just plain poor....
    Thank you sir . Hardtackle article " top 7 youngsters to watch out for was definately not the plan. :) Was just curious to know but I get your point about non-disclosure . Thanks
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @gaffertape u are the inside source for us all ... What would we do without u????...
  • mmj.mattmmj.matt 144 Points
    If Asian Cup remained 16 team tourney, this could be a disaster. But no, it's 24 teams now, then i don't really think it's a bad news. Let's simulate it.
    Let's say following 12 teams will get 12 direct tickets. 

- Japan, South Korea, Australia, Iran, Uzbekistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, China 

And the next 24 teams will be divided into 6 groups and fight for remaining 12 tickets. The grouping will be pretty much like following. (South Asian teams aside)

Group A : North Korea - Indonesia - Kyrgyzstan - ?
    Group B : Bahrain - Hong Kong - Myanmar - ?
    Group C : Oman - Malaysia - Tajikistan - ?
    Group D : Syria - Philippines - Yemen - ?
    Group E : Lebanon - Turkemenistan - Laos - ?
    Group F : Thailand - Palestine - Chinese Taipei - ?

Now, put India any ? spot in any group. And all we have to do is to get a 2nd place in the group.
    Easy? No. Of course not. 
    But impossible? HELL NO. 
    Unless we get an extremely unlucky group of death, i'm pretty sure we will see a realistic chance. A good chance. 
    On top of that i expect this is gonna be way more fun than Challenge Cup because we will be able to face various opponents and it will be home-away format. 
    I always thought Challenge Cup was a joke because it's unfair to mid-ranked teams anyway. This new format is just how it should be. 
    totally agree.. and well written

=D> =D>
  • Each one pointing fingers at each other and good that the Indian Olympic Association is banned and I pity the Indian athletes who takes part in the big event, the recent one, like Sochi Winter Olympics, we were marching under an Olympic flag and still those adamant guys hold on to their positions.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    edited February 2014
    BREAKING NEWS - We all Set for next match of Blue tigers 

Indian Football Team Vs Bangladesh 

Date - 5th March 2014 
    Venue - Goa 
    Telecast - Talks with 3 channels are going on , so we will have live telecast this time 

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

Date - 5th March 2013 
    Venue - Goa 
    Telecast - Talks with 3 channels are done , so we will have live telecast this time 

ONCE it is decided about live telecast than we will say there is live telecast
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points

Date - 5th March 2014 
    Venue - Goa 
    Telecast - Talks with 3 channels are going on , so we will have live telecast this time 

DD Sports,DD national and DD India
    :D
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points

Date - 5th March 2014 
    Venue - Goa 

DD Sports,DD national and DD India
    :D
    Sony Six, Ten Action and DD sports may be