Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Still owe us a series from 2005 :) we need to play a friendly or 2... too make up for all those that got called off

We r off to play lebanon and our coach has decided to mainly u22 squad all home based n prepare for u22s.. not fan of it as it will have impact on rankings and not best way to throw around.. u take aome juniors n introduce slowly.

So wim should keep his core and maybe bring some new..if they do well then they can become that core..
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @samiam I left out Afghanistan as we regularly play with them at SAAF cup, SAF Games etc.

@Pondicherry If you read my comment again, you will find out that I gave a list of countries. Only after competing well enough with those countries  then we should think of arranging Friendlies with teams like Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Jordan. We should not go to extremes. Playing against Bangladesh is a step backwards and then thinking about defeating Kuwait is absurd too as we are struggling against Palestine, Myanmar. One step at a time but please no step backwards. Think beyond South Asia.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Shah476 Pakistan hosts their Cricket Series in UAE at places like Abu Dhabi, Dubai due to security considerations. The present political conditions are such that no sports encounter can take place between two countries in either India or Pakistan.  I dont know whether FIFA allows that but a home friendly match can be arranged in UAE by Pakistan Football Federation.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Afghanistan shud have been the best friendly opponent at the moment..best chance for Wim to prove that the SAFF loss was a fluke
  • we can defeat Bangladesh comfortably . - NO.
    then how come it is a step backwards thing ...
    we thinks that we are superior team is SAFF because we won many title but that was past and we are not champion any more so we have to cross that huddle first ..
    after Nehru cup win , wim says that we will target south east asian countries but then comes friendlies defeats and saff defeat that might force wim to alter his planning ... 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    To be fair... on paper we probably can destroy any SAFF country (Yes, even Afghanistan). We are just unlucky big time.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    why not play Pakistan..they have good overseas players who can give good competition to our home grown Tigers
  • its always good to play against stronger teams in an international friendly..it shos where u lack and what steps u need to take for a bigger tournament like an AFC level competition..possibly in such competitions you would want a favourable draw and weaker teams to progress..but where u want to improve/judge yourself then its always foolish not to think oponents some notches above you...if u dont do that, you will always remain where you are and will never ever progress...Bob also had done same thing, always played against weaker opponents, this created a fals bubble of self belief which was destroyed whenever we played agains a higher opponent..always playing agains weaker teams is bullshit ..it will not lead you anywhere..
  • @gaffertape : any updates from u22 camp??
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    gaffertape - any updates on how the India U-22 camp is going on ? Which players have impressed ?
    Most players haven't impressed...not surprising , as they brought in 70 boys and all they did was 11 v11 games every day , 
    20min halves ....

Only 7 players impressed...

Do u mind giving the names of those players ? What will the next step be for the - The next camp is after the  I-League ?
    Can't give the names of the player's that impressed or might see them announced on a Hardtackle article " top 7 youngsters to watch out for...."
    Next step is after the I-league where these select few will join the likes of Alwyn George etc and the final squad will be chosen
    They will then go on an exposure trip in Asia followed by the qualifiers.

So this camp from 28th to 5th was by and large a massive waste of time and money...the hotel and flights cost a bomb...so someone (AIFF natiinal teams managet and his cronies ) made aome nice kickbacks...

Anyone who follows Indian youth foot all could've predicted the top 10 from that 70....numbers 30 onwards were just plain poor....