India vs Yemen International Football Friendly, 14th Nov 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points

Arsenalkid you have come up with the most amazing posts I must say..really good quality posts unlike the stupid telecast things.. :)
    My quick take on the team:

Brilliant choice of Soram Anganba-He has been impressive
    Gouramangi-About time to drop him to bench...keep him in the squad
    Karma Tsewang anyone?-Technically good,speedy and overlaps like Nabi
    Naoba singh-Deserves a look in
    Boithang Haokip-Finally deserves it..considering the kind of goals he scored against Wellington and Prayag(Good Oppositions)
    Lenny exclusion-am not too sure
    Pradeep Mohanraj-Should definitely be part of the squad
    Lalrindika-Should definitely be part of the squad
    Alwyn-Should be dropped..he has now stopped scoring for Pailan also :(
    Holicharan-Too early to have him in squad
    Dawson Fernandes-Deserves a chance
    Robin Singh-No chance considering the sitters he has been missing
    Chhetri-Should be staying at SCP and maybe make a comeback against Zambia/Palestine

Wim will maintain the same core group in my opinion with just an outside chance of a new palyer in the starting 11..possible new substitues can be there

• Thank you so much Ronny. Means a lot to me to hear that. Will try keeping it that way and I hope I show off well. Cheers.

Anyway going to your points. I was seriously considering Karma but before I made those posts I watched the entire Pune vs. East Bengal match (on I-League stream) and it reminded me of where Karma is off. Great player but needs more positioning awareness and I feel could work on his first touch and overall technical ability. Speed and agility are his main strengths as well as a good footballing brain. He will make it but would like to see better on the ball from him.

Need to see more Naoba so I cant talk about him. I excluded Lenny due to current form. He is just not clicking, he was dreadful against Mumbai FC. Holicharan was more experience. I mean who else is there. Jeje should stay because he lost his place in the Pune XI and Subhash Singh is also not at the same level as he was last season yet. Dawson Fernandes had a good season last year and had an amazing Fed Cup (3 goals in 3 games). Perhaps. He is also young. 1 goal in 4 games. Ya, AMAZING CHOICE. Better than Holicharan for now. Would be interesting to see how he does with a good midfield (like Victorino).

Other than that I absolutely agree.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited November 2012

Star striker Sunil Chhetri is doubtful for the Indian football team's international friendly against Yemen, according tochief coach Wim Koevermans who was in Guwahati today to take stockof the ground condition for the November 14 match.

"Sunil's participation is not sure but it should not be a problem even if hejoins at the last minute as he plays for a pretty big club like Sporting Lisbon" - Wim Koevermans

Copy-pasted from PTI website.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Star striker Sunil Chhetri is doubtful for the Indian football team's international friendly against Yemen, according tochief coach Wim Koevermans who was in Guwahati today to take stockof the ground condition for the November 14 match.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Sunil's participation is not sure but it should not be a problem even if hejoins at the last minute as he plays for a pretty big club like Sporting Lisbon" - Wim Koevermans
    >
    > Copy-pasted from PTI website.

This could be good. Hopefully Wim does not select him. Can Sunil even be match-fit. 2 games and deemed good enough for international football almost halfway across the world.

Seems like Sunil will be missing out..Also I forgot to mention Milan Singh..he has improved a lot and deserves a place in the squad atleast..playing definitely better than the likes of Jewel raja

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

@arsenalkid
    dude you want chetri not to be selected? you want us to loose again.....we are going to need all the firepower we can get

edited November 2012

@Ronny said:

Seems like Sunil will be missing out..Also I forgot to mention Milan Singh..he has improved a lot and deserves a place in the squad atleast..playing definitely better than the likes of Jewel raja

Fully disagree milan hasn't shown anything til now that will make him a NT player. He might be in future but not now.

• > samiam said:
    > @arsenalkid

dude you want chetri not to be selected? you want us to loose again.....we are going to need all the firepower we can get

You missing the point. This match does not have much significance in terms of the result. Who cares how we do? Who cares about the FIFA Rankings?

We have the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers coming up in early 2013 and we need to use these friendlies as experiments for the qualifiers. And Sunil only has 2 games in the last 3 months while there are players in India who have played much more in that time and are doing alright. Lets give them a chance and keep Sunil in Portugal so he can fight his way into the squad more.

> Joyptan said:
    > > @Ronny said:
    >
    > > Seems like Sunil will be missing out..Also I forgot to mention Milan Singh..he has improved a lot and deserves a place in the squad atleast..playing definitely better than the likes of Jewel raja

>
    >
    > Fully disagree milan hasn't shown anything til now that will make him a NT player. He might be in future but not now.

I dont agree..I have been watching Arrow's games now and he has been a livewire in the league against senior pros..he has improved alot

@Ronny said:

I dont agree..I have been watching Arrow's games now and he has been a livewire in the league against senior pros..he has improved alot

Well that your perception not mine.