India vs Yemen International Football Friendly, 14th Nov 2012

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

I would nt be so confident about yemen loosing

• Aiff has cofirmed that the venue will be guwahati due to bad pitch condition in silliguri

• I thought it was always confirmed to be in Assam. Either way it does mean that we are confirmed for a packed crowd for this game.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Wim kovermans talking about team selection

www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=qPHFVw91j8k

• i like the concept of 'SHADOW TEAM' ..... it means no player can take his place for granted in the senior team....awesome

• Any news on broadcasting

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> shakkeerKM said:
    > Any news on broadcasting

@shakkeerKM i...we all hope there will be live teleast.. but so far AIFF  is not letting d cat out of the bag

• So this match is only 9 days away and all we care about is the telecast. As a person who would not be able to watch anyway due to school I will just ignore that and go straight into the squad. Since the last match against Singapore we have played 2 more rounds and have 1 round left. Now I would guess that Wim will choose his preliminary squad for the Yemen match before Round 5 of the I-League.

Now for me, I dont think Wim has had enough time to really look at the players. Really the teams have not really settled in. We had 2 rounds and then a 2 week break and now now another 2 rounds. Tough to really differentiate between the players who are truly doing good and those who are just having good luck during that one game. So it is because of that I expect Wim to pick the same squad as he did against Singapore but with a few changes.

• First off, goalkeepers. For the Singapore game Wim choose Subrata Pal, Karanjit Singh and Subhash Roy Chowdhury. Not bad but for this one I would drop Subrata. Out of the three Subrata has been the worse so far statistically with a 2.00 GAA after 2 matches. He is just not in sync at the moment and we can not deal with that. I would rather let him stay at Prayag and get some time with Per and maybe do better in Round 3 and Round 4 of I-League. We need him at his best for the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers. As a replacement I would like to see Soram Anganba step up. The Pailan Arrows keeper has been amazing. After 3 games for Pailan he has kept 2 clean-sheets and at the age of 19 it would prove to be great experience for him.

In defense Wim choose Gouramangi, Syed Nabi, Raju Gaikwad, Nirmal, Denzil, and Gurwinder. Now out of the 6 I would only pick Syed Nabi, Nirmal, and Denzil. Gouramangi seems to have brought his recent poor international form with him to Prayag while Raju is injured (presumed) and Gurwinder cant make the starting 11 for East Bengal. In there place I would like to go young. This is a friendly and we should be using this as a trial for the qualifiers in 2013 so I would pick Arnab Mondal (East Bengal, 23), Shouvik Ghosh (Pailan Arrows, 20), and Collin Abranches (Salgaocar, 20). These boys are young and will be a part of the India set-up for a long time. They are on form this season so far so why not.

In the mid Wim choose Clifford, Anthony, Jewel, Mehtab, Francis, Lenny, Sanju, and Alwyn. Now out of the 8 I would drop Anthony, Lenny, and Alwyn. Anthony and Lenny have not impressed me this season and Alwyn is off form in my opinion and needs to stay with his club and work it out. As replacements I would like to see Pradeep Mohanraj (Air India, 21), Boithang Haokip (Shillong Lajong, 21), and Lalrindika Ralte (East Bengal, 20). Pradeep and Boithang are currently the best players on there teams (Boithang is the best Indian on Shillong) while for Lalrindika he may not have played as much as he would like or we would like but this is a friendly and he is a good player when played right and he is known better internationally then at club level.

Now at the strikers end we had Sunil Chhetri, Joaquim Abranches and Robin Singh. We were light in this area and we need cover. Sadly the best strikers in the league by the numbers (Holicharan and Jeje) are not on form right now. Right now I would love to see NONE of these three players on the team. Sunil needs to play more at Sporting Portugal and him being in India wont help his case. This match is not of the up most importance for him. We should try something different. Joaquim has failed to produce anything and Robin Singh cant make the East Bengal XI. This time I would like to see Wim call up Victorino Fernandes (Sporting Goa, 23), Manandeep Singh (East Bengal, 20), and Holicharan Narzary (Pailan Arrows, 21). Fernandes may not be scoring but he is skillful and it would be interesting to see what he could do when playing with good players. Manandeep is our only starting forward of note on a big club and he has not disappointed and maybe this could push up his confidence while Holicharan needs the experience.
  • Overall the squad would look like this...

GK: Soram Anganba, Karanjit Singh, and Subhash Roy Chowdhury.

DF: Syed Nabi, Nirmal Chettri, Denzil Franco, Arnab Mondal, Shouvik Ghosh, and Collin Abranches.

MF: Clifford Miranda, Jewel Raja, Mehtab Hussain, Francis Fernandes, Sanju Pradhan, Pradeep Mohanraj, Boithang Haokip, and Lalrindika Ralte.

FW: Manandeep Singh, Victorino Fernandes, and Holicharan Narzary.

Starting XI: Subhash Roy Chowdhury, Denzil Franco, Nirmal Chettri, Arnab Mondal, Syed Nabi, Sanju Pradhan, Clifford Miranda, Mehtab Hussain, Francis Fernandes, Victorino Fernandes, and Manandeep Singh.

Now this is not going to 100% win us the game, hell it might not win us the game at all but the reason I suggest this squad is because this is only a friendly. It means nothing. Forget FIFA Ranking. We are entering the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers in early 2013 so we need to be ready with the right squad. This is a match to experiment not go out as if this is a World Cup Final.