2012-13 I-League Round 17

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited January 2013

> Ashlesh said:
    > if it was gurpreet in goal cb would have won by 4 to 5 goals 

What do you have against Gurpreet? What part about his game do you not like?
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > if it was gurpreet in goal cb would have won by 4 to 5 goals 
    > >
    > >

What do you have against Gurpreet? What part about his game do you not like?

>
    >

the fact is abhijit mondal is better than gurpreet and dont give the 4 defender and 2 defensive midfielder strong defense credit to gurpreet
    mondal have come in the team in crucial time 
    and its club football not to just concentrate on youth players 
    east bengal need to win matches and to do that even if robin or manandeep or even gurpreet have to bench its fine 

That does not answer the question.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

I have to admit that tecnicaly and skillwise Gurpreet is better than avijit and he is indias next no. 1 goal keeper but he is just too inexpirienced for a goli to handel pressure. He makes many silly mistakes. In first 10 to 12 rounds we played a more defencive lineup. And that shadowed many of his mistakes. But now to compencete the low scoring rate of strickers we having to field a too attacking line up. That why every small mistake avijit makes that costing us.

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited January 2013

How. When I see Gurpreet I dont look at age. Yes that is a bit of a factor I will admit but its also the qualities he brings to the field that made him a player that was sent to the AFC Asian Cup (I know under what means).

Gurpreet is tall, he has great positioning when the attack is near by. He thinks before he acts (meaning that when he has the ball at his feet or hands he would not just let it go; he would asses and go. Mondal against Pailan Arrows had trouble with that, almost gave a free goal up to Alwyn.) And their is a bit of organization that goes along with it. The goalkeeper is also responsible for his defense. He tells them what to do as well and when East Bengal played with Gurpreet in the line-up he showed his qualities in that department. The East Bengal defense looked rock solid, a line that just would not be beaten. With Mondal, the back-line looks a lot more shaky and sporadic. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > How. When I see Gurpreet I dont look at age. Yes that is a bit of a factor I will admit but its also the qualities he brings to the field that made him a player that was sent to the AFC Asian Cup (I know under what means).

Gurpreet is tall, he has great positioning when the attack is near by. He thinks before he acts (meaning that when he has the ball at his feet or hands he would not just let it go; he would asses and go. Mondal against Pailan Arrows had trouble with that, almost gave a free goal up to Alwyn.) And their is a bit of organization that goes along with it. The goalkeeper is also responsible for his defense. He tells them what to do as well and when East Bengal played with Gurpreet in the line-up he showed his qualities in that department. The East Bengal defense looked rock solid, a line that just would not be beaten. With Mondal, the back-line looks a lot more shaky and sporadic. 

LOL
  • > Joyptan said:
    > I have to admit that tecnicaly and skillwise Gurpreet is better than avijit and he is indias next no. 1 goal keeper but he is just too inexpirienced for a goli to handel pressure. He makes many silly mistakes. In first 10 to 12 rounds we played a more defencive lineup. And that shadowed many of his mistakes. But now to compencete the low scoring rate of strickers we having to field a too attacking line up. That why every small mistake avijit makes that costing us.

Sandeep Nandy is a much better keeper than Mondal. Mondal is past his prime. The biggest mistake EB officials made was to release Nandy. And although Gurpreet is young and immature,he has a hunger to succeed and to impress officials for a national berth. So a lot at stake for him, whereas Mondal doesn't have any motivation left. I liked the attitude of Gurpreet(last year)when he went up to the opponent box for scoring of a corner towards the end of a crucial match. True, in the process he conceded a goal, but he had the balls to go up for scoring. We need guys like him; also technically he is sound and much agile. Mondal has long been in Goa and is oblivious of the pressure of playing in Kolkata and performing at critical times.

One got 4 defenders & 2 defencive midfielder and another getting 3 defenders and 1 defencive midfielder. That makes deference i think

• @Rudra Okay then. What do you disagree with now?

• > Ashlesh said:
    > dont know if east bengal will win this year or not bt they should release chidi like what all clubs do end of season to him and sign better striker and they have good defence so its time they play with two overseas striker with penn behind him and leave uga on bench or even release him for one more striker 

I could see that working. 

Naoba-Arnab-Raju-Dey

Ralte-Uga-Mehtab-Lobo

Barasac-Edeh

Arsenalkid700 said:

I could see that working. 

Naoba-Arnab-Raju-Dey

Ralte-Uga-Mehtab-Lobo

Barasac-Edeh

FIFA 13 OR WHAT?!!!