I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    It might sound racist but we(indians) are still fond of people with white skin.
    He might not but the word 'Random Africans' oozes our our love for white skined people.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    In all this discussion, we are forgetting about Brazil players who come to India. Brazil players are not "Random Africans" but they are also not crowd pullers. <br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    I dont know if Goan clubs together decided not to sign African player who were over paid and had no marketing value but Goan club are doing excellent this year in signing players people from Pernem which is cricket region are started to as when is that Australian or Portugal player is playing 

<br><div><br></div><div>Well, I hope you mean the random Africans. Don't be discouraged of signing an African. Again, Curtis Osano is a big signing in terms of I-League quality and he is African. Hell, Pune and Mohun Bagan were linked with a Moroccan and last I checked, Morocco is in Africa.</div>
    In all this discussion, we are forgetting about Brazil players who come to India. Brazil players are not "Random Africans" but they are also not crowd pullers. <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>True, I think it is just because they are Brazilian that people don't care if they are just some random dude or not because, well, they are from Brazil, where almost anybody above the age of 5 can play the game well.</div>
    Thats a good point you made @munna219777 . Some are saying the players the clubs are getting are better than "Random Africans" atleast the are not as unknown as those "Random Africans". but how known are the players to Random Indian people like Cornell Glen, Eurípedes Amoreirinha, Billy Mehmet, Simon Colosimo, John Johnson, and Curtis Osano. Arn't the random enough for normal Indians?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    once a player starts playing shit, even the 'random french striker' and '4 starts in 3 season' lovers will stop watching them...100 extra people for a couple of months isn't exactly called marketing potential!<div><br></div><div>Oh yes, the whole of India was dying to watch an ex-arsenal youth product, who used to get late for training because of cows in the roads</div>
    rudra wrote: »
    once a player starts playing shit, even the 'random french striker' and '4 starts in 3 season' lovers will stop watching them...100 extra people for a couple of months isn't exactly called marketing potential!<div><br></div><div>Oh yes, the whole of India was dying to watch an ex-arsenal youth product, who used to get late for training because of cows in the roads</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>You still don't get it and you probably never will. Did I even say that this French bloke or this Aussie guy were good signings Pune can take advantage of. No.</div><div><br></div><div>I said the other ones were, you know, the ones who actually were normals at their last clubs and who had relatively good success.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    another example why any 'european influence' is better.<div><br></div><div>under this article, <a href="http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/id/1512772/duerden-premier-option-india?cc=5739"; style="font-size: 10pt;">http://espnfc.com/columns/story/_/id/1512772/duerden-premier-option-india?cc=5739</a></div><div><br></div><div>Nigel Empson comments about how IMG-R league is not the best. He basically says the things which we are reading day in and day out, and here comes Mr. Unni Paravannur and says -</div><div><br></div><div><span style="color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">"Great comment </span><a href="https://www.facebook.com/nigel.empson.5?directed_target_id=0"; target="_blank" data-hovercard="/ajax/hovercard/user.php?id=1457323142&extragetparams=%7B%22directed_target_id%22%3A0%7D" style="color: rgb(59, 89, 152); cursor: pointer; text-decoration: none; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">Nigel Empson</a><span style="color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;"> : Almost all our Journo's have jumped on to the IMG-R bandwagon, it is unfortunate that we need a someone from outside to drill some sense in to us!"</span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(26, 26, 26); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">*Clap Clap*</span></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>You still don't get it and you probably never will. Did I even say that this French bloke or this Aussie guy were good signings Pune can take advantage of. No.</div><div><br></div><div>I said the other ones were, you know, the ones who actually were normals at their last clubs and who had relatively good success.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>sorry, it was an reply to @ashlesh's comment on french striker buzz in Goa Velha</div>
This discussion has been closed.